External Player now streaming to steam.mkv and losing player position

Landoman

Landoman

HI,

1. I use an external player. It has worked fine until a few days ago where it no longer remembers the position in the file.

2. Now it shows "stream.mkv" instead of the filename...

Has something changed in how emby plays using an external player

1. No I dont want to use the built in player all the time.

Didnt it used to just pass the filename to the external player?

Landoman

Some thing very very odd happened.

I shut down the machine a few times and now its back to player the external file in a media player with the file and NOT stream.mkv..

I have no idea why it started to stream my files to the external player...

• 2 months later...
Landoman

hi this is theatre for desktop and its started doing it again. have removed transcoding from the user and it is still transcoding everything

Edited by Landoman

47 minutes ago, Landoman said:

hi this is theatre for desktop and its started doing it again. have removed transcoding from the user and it is still transcoding everything

Hi there, can we please look at an example?

Thanks.

• 8 months later...
Landoman

Its started playing all files as stream.mkv again. Ive restarted emby, restarted emby theatre and its still doing it. When i press play a blue circle appears in emby and then it open the external player with stream.mkv instead of the file.

emby error.jpg

Edited by Landoman

Hi, if Theater can't access the file directly, then this is what will happen. What path is displayed on the video detail screen in Emby Theater? Can you reach that same path using Windows Explorer on the same machine?

Landoman

I can reach the same file in explorer. I just played it directly instead of through emby. After a few days and i restarted a few times it went back to normal.  The odd thing is i then tried to play several files from different shows and it made a stream.mkv for each one. Nothing had changed at all in the setup. No config changes at all. No file location changes either.

It must have been accessing the file as it created the stream from the file so it is a bit odd. I cant actually recreate the problem either. The theatre and emby server are on the same machine. Its accessing all files locally.

Edited by Landoman
  • Thanks 1