"Too many errors...moving on"

richardsh53

richardsh53

I feel stupid talking about this problem and describing the solution, because I should have known better and you'll be thinking to yourself, 'duh!'. But I imagine that there is someone else who is suffering with this who might be helped.  If there is, then my suffering wasn't in vain.  🙂  Here goes: 

Are you getting a red ribbon error message when trying to play video files that says something like "too many errors...moving on"?   I was too.  I automatically assumed there was some file compatibility problem with the media files I was trying to play.  Since most of my movies are in HEVC format, I initially thought that was the culprit.  But that wasn't it.  I realize now that the error message would have been much more helpful if it had said instead:  "file not found" because that's what was really happening, but it doesn't say that.  Plus,  the thumbnail of the missing file was still there leading me to believe the file was, when it wasn't.  The file had been moved.

The solution is simple.  Make sure Emby is pointing to your files.  Open each Emby library in Windows Explorer, and make sure all media files you want to play are present.  I realize that this is old school to the majority of you, but sometimes, the simplest things can cause the most grief.   

• Like 1

Hello richardsh53,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team