MB Classic not skipping

Hammerhorn

Hammerhorn

MBC version 3.0207.0

MBS version 3.0.5362.41507

KLM Codec 10.7.1

Sometime in the last week my remote stopped skipping forward and back when watching videos in MBC via WMC. I have the forward defaulted at the 30 seconds. When I hit the buttons it makes the sound, but nothing happens. Fast forward does not work either. Rewind  starts the video over and removes the audio. I have tried restarting Windows 7, reinstalling MBC, reinstalling MBS, and KLM codec. I have also tried my keyboards skip buttons (wirelss, but separate receiver). Ideas?

Hammerhorn

See attached. I started a TV show at 2:49. Tried skipping forward, skipping back, fast forward, and then rewind.Rewind started it over, killed the audio, and froze the interface (not the show).

Edited by Hammerhorn

It is trying to seek but it may not be working because your items are streaming instead of direct playing.  The MBC machine cannot access the media directly.  Probably a permissions problem.

Hammerhorn

The interesting thing is this is my server and my HTPC. Working just fine on my other HTPC in my office, but not on the machine were the media is actually present.

The log clearly shows that MBC cannot access the media directly so it could be a difference in permissions between the user running MBC and the one running the server.

Hammerhorn

Only have one user. Was working just fine until the new update. No matter what I am going to just do a fresh install of Windows 7, past due.