WMC remote loses focus

Lee

I really like the w8 app and keep popping back in for another look now and again, anyway seems to me one thing that hasn't been fixed since the app came out is the remote functionality..

I seem to lose focus very easily and then have to get keyboard/mouse out to get it back.

when the program starts there is no remote focus until I use the mouse??

i'd also like the ability to turn backdrops off, looks too busy for my taste. looked in settings didn't seem to be able to??

• Like 1

7illusions

Backdrops On/Off will be added to settings asap.

As for MCE support, it's a work in progress and will take a while until it's implemented fully.

The app was built with touch in mind and turned out to work well on larger screens and therefor I need to do some refactoring to suppoort mce. I'm working on it and once it's officially supported it will be announced.

• Like 2

Awesome I think at some point in the future this will be the app I flip to...

Wife acceptance factor dependant!

I really think Microsoft missed the boat with leaving mce remote out of "metro" apps... As much as things move on people still want a remote for TV

7illusions

@@Lee regarding the MCE stuff,, which layout do you use Touch or "Mouse and keyboard"?

You must have Mouse and keyboard layout selected in settings in order for MCE to work.

@@7illusions

tried the new version (2.1.1)

looks great...

I've noticed if the app is launched by remote from the start menu (w8.1) the initial focus is there for remote.

if you launch with the mouse it isn't (weird?) I want to launch with remote anyway so that's ok (just saying!)

focus is lost on all the subfolders except movies... music/home videos/boxing/football/channels = no focus?

also noticed background transparency isn't working on some of my folder .png's

keep up the good work. I definitely think this is going to be my go to app when WMC finally gives up the ghost!

cheers