Using MPV.CONF file in Windows

KeithA

Hi,

I am wanting to try the various options that the MPV configuration file allows.  Is Emby Theater able to utilize all of the configs that the standalone MPV software can?  I am trying to get up-scaling working along with HDR.  I have had some success with the standalone MPV but struggling a bit with Emby Theater.  Where should the MPV.CONF file be placed?  Mine is currently in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\mpv\.  Also when it comes to custom shader, etc files.  (*.glsl file) where does they need to be placed?  If anyone has successfully customized some of these setting and cares to share the contents of the config file I would greatly appreciate it.  I am trying to move from MadVR and want to see if I can get anything that looks close to the quality it provides.

Thanks

Hi, please let us know if this advice helps:

And yes, most mpv features should be configurable, except those that might conflict with the settings exposed in the Emby Theater UI. I haven't tested custom shader files so I'm not sure yet where those would go.

• 11 months later...
marcelhehle

Is Emby using the mpv.conf when on MacOs? I'm using Emby Theater 2.1.6. on MacOs with a mpv.conf in $HOME/.config/mpv/mpv.conf.

For the looks of it Emby isn't picking that conf-File up. What am I doing wrong???

On 9/30/2022 at 8:42 AM, marcelhehle said:

Is Emby using the mpv.conf when on MacOs? I'm using Emby Theater 2.1.6. on MacOs with a mpv.conf in $HOME/.config/mpv/mpv.conf.

For the looks of it Emby isn't picking that conf-File up. What am I doing wrong???

Hi, I'm not sure it will work on macos but we'll take a look at it. Thanks.