Displaypreferences on Folders on MBC stored differently?

ginjaninja
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

ginjaninja

Since learning that display preferences for MBC were stored in MB3\appdata i wasnt sure if this question  is more MB3 or MBC related.

Is it possible that display preferences defined in MBC on Folders are not stored in displaypreferences.db?

when i restored this displaypreerences.db file after a rebuild, i found i got my views back save for the folders.

I have a structure..

[Root Added to Collection]\Action\Avatar\Avatar.MKV

[Root Added to Collection]\Animation\Watership Down\Watership Down.MKV

i found that views configured on 'action' and 'animation' did not restore on restoration of displaypreferences.db. Any possible truth to this or am I imagining things?

I am using subdued theme.

• Solution

Display prefs for index views aren't stored on the server because there is no item in the server that corresponds to the indexed folder.  Some other custom views also fall into this category.  In those cases, MBC stores them locally in it's own displayprefs.db.

In truth, this probably isn't required anymore now that things like this have been detached from the base items in the server.  But I have not gone back and tried to re-design it.

Display prefs for index views aren't stored on the server because there is no item in the server that corresponds to the indexed folder.  Some other custom views also fall into this category.  In those cases, MBC stores them locally in it's own displayprefs.db.

In truth, this probably isn't required anymore now that things like this have been detached from the base items in the server.  But I have not gone back and tried to re-design it.

If you want to, you can. The display preferences get/set url will accept anything as the display preferences key. it doesn't have to be tied to an item. mbt is doing that for the automatic views.