Old Ipad now tells me I need premiere

701h

Hi Luke,

I have a couple of OLD gen1 ipad minis that I only use to watch TV when cooking etc. Recently they have all now started prompting me to get Premiere whenever I try to do anything....Are these things now dead because of the latest version?

thanks

Rich

Hi there, what exactly in the app are you seeing this? After performing what actions?

What version of the app do you have, and what version of iOS does the device have?

Emby Premiere has always been required for Live TV.

When you play other media, you can unlock using the individual app unlock. Have you previously done that? if you have then try clicking the Restore Purchase button.

15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Emby Premiere has always been required for Live TV.

When you play other media, you can unlock using the individual app unlock. Have you previously done that? if you have then try clicking the Restore Purchase button.

Yes I know. I've been a member for a while. As I said, it happens if I try to play music or movies too. I have other devices that work fine. Why would I have to unlock anything if I have premiere?

Interestingly, if I look at the dashboard via the ipad app, or via the Web gui on the ipad, it does NOT show my Premiere status, but if I look via Android app or the Web gui elsewhere, then it does. See attaches pics.

20211024_181100.jpg

20211024_181106.jpg

15 hours ago, 701h said:

Interestingly, if I look at the dashboard via the ipad app, or via the Web gui on the ipad, it does NOT show my Premiere status, but if I look via Android app or the Web gui elsewhere, then it does. See attaches pics.

Hi.  That probably indicates that something on the iPad is blocking access to our servers to validate.  Can it get out to the internet?

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That probably indicates that something on the iPad is blocking access to our servers to validate.  Can it get out to the internet?

Thats got it. These ipads are locked down for the kids, so I had to allow the following domains for them to see the active Premiere license:

sectigo.com

mb3admin.com

sectigo.com

After allowing these, the ipad is working normally. Does this mean that if there is no internet access they will not see the license? ie, if the internet is offline, then they wont work?

Thanks for the help.

The app does not need constant internet access for Emby Premiere, but it will be needed occasionally to validate, e.g. once every week or two.