Setting default server at boot.

jackblack
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

jackblack

G'day all,
I have a few friends that have shared their media libraries with me.
I can obviously use settings to select which server I want to browse and watch.
How can I set wheich server is selected when the app is started?
Eg: Each time I go into the app it always selects "Server 1", then I need to change to "Server 3". I would like it to "default" to using "Server 3" and then still allow me to change to other servers as required.
What determines which server is selected on start of app?
Thanks for any help.

15 hours ago, jackblack said:

What determines which server is selected on start of app?

Hi.  If you are showing the login screen at startup, then that list should be sorted by last accessed.

You can set the the app to "Remember last login" and then it will automatically log you into the last server you used each time.  Then, if you want to switch, just pull down the user menu and select "Switch Server...".

jackblack
On 23/10/2021 at 02:49, ebr said:

You can set the the app to "Remember last login" and then it will automatically log you into the last server you used each time.  Then, if you want to switch, just pull down the user menu and select "Switch Server...".

I do have it set to "Remember last logon", but it dosent return me to that server.
Eg: If I startup app it uses Server 1. I change server to Server 3. I exit out of the app and come back in and I am on Server 1 again.
Can you please test and confirm for me?

• Solution
10 hours ago, jackblack said:

I do have it set to "Remember last logon", but it dosent return me to that server.
Eg: If I startup app it uses Server 1. I change server to Server 3. I exit out of the app and come back in and I am on Server 1 again.
Can you please test and confirm for me?

The setting behaves properly for me.  Are you sure you don't have yours set to "login as this user"?

image.png

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, ebr said:

The setting behaves properly for me.  Are you sure you don't have yours set to "login as this user"?

image.png

FWIW, I can also second that behaviour, Remember Last User logs me into last sever used. 

However, if I understood correctly:

On 10/22/2021 at 1:53 AM, jackblack said:

Each time I go into the app it always selects "Server 1", then I need to change to "Server 3". I would like it to "default" to using "Server 3" and then still allow me to change to other servers as required.

OP wants default server option, i.e. always logging to the same one, regardless of last session?

• Thanks 1