Clipping of names for multiple versions

GothsterC

GothsterC

Hello,

I use the multiple version feature of Emby frequently to give a choice of various versions of the same movie.  I use the convention with the hyphen and then name of the version without issues, except for this one.

I have two files:

Dead Alive (Braindead) [1992] - Uncut Braindead Version

Dead Alive (Braindead) [1992] - Unrated Dead Alive Version

Emby correctly sees the 2 versions, but the pulldown in the interface shows:

cut Braindead Version and rated Dead Alive Version.  The "Un" has been clipped.  I don't think it's the length as I have other version names that are longer.

Any idea?  This happens on the Windows web client and on Android.  I'm running the latest non-beta Windows server and the client apps are all up to date.

Dead Alive.JPG

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, GothsterC said:

Hello,

I use the multiple version feature of Emby frequently to give a choice of various versions of the same movie.  I use the convention with the hyphen and then name of the version without issues, except for this one.

I have two files:

Dead Alive (Braindead) [1992] - Uncut Braindead Version

Dead Alive (Braindead) [1992] - Unrated Dead Alive Version

Emby correctly sees the 2 versions, but the pulldown in the interface shows:

cut Braindead Version and rated Dead Alive Version.  The "Un" has been clipped.  I don't think it's the length as I have other version names that are longer.

Any idea?  This happens on the Windows web client and on Android.  I'm running the latest non-beta Windows server and the client apps are all up to date.

Dead Alive.JPG

That is a known issue (which AFAIK still ain't resolved in full) where same characters in filenames after space-dash-space get dumped. Just rename those to different multi-version version starting character. 

The server tries to remove common parts of both names to make things fit better.
I wish this was an option or not done at all and only showed exactly what follows the hyphen.

Then if you don't like what's displayed, it's 100% in your control to rename the files to show exactly what you want.

Happy2Play

As the other topic shows only like words will be removed vs different words with like character.  So the example shown above will no longer happen in 4.7.

• Like 1