Resume Progress for Movies with Same Name

moviefan
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

moviefan

Very small issue but something I thought was worth mentioning.

I have two movies with the same name of "Bears."  An IMAX version from 2001 and the recently released Disney one from 2014.

They both show up separately in all the clients and I can play them fine.

If I play one of them and then pause it partway through the "in progress" state is saved to both of them.so it looks like I played and stopped both of them.

Looks like the program tracks resume just by file name instead of associating it with the actual movie somehow?

Beardyname

This is a tricky one, for movies with different resolution but same length etc etc etc. This would be the correct behavior, but maybe not for different editions? I don't know :P I would rather have it syncing playback per movie (aka what you are seeing would be the best - for me at least) But maybe a discussion is needed?

• Solution

It isn't that they have the same name - it is that they are the same movie.

If they aren't actually the same movie - meaning you can find two different entries for them on tmdb - then simply edit them and use the identify feature to select the proper one for each.

• Like 2

moviefan

Fixed the ID and it fixed it you are right.  Imax movie had the right description and picture but somehow its ID got changed to the same as the new one and this was causing the issue.