Where'd the server option go?

MBSki

MBSki

I can't switch to a different server in the web app anymore. 

I think it used to be in between these 2 options. @Luke Can you put the Change server option back or update the local servers so we can change the server? I see all the other apps have the new menu, but the new menu isn't on the local servers. 

image.png.b31c24da80267cda6190e8165dbbed21.png

MBSki
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Try clicking your user icon in the top right.

I did, it goes here.

image.png.c4b8611814dfca5ef3611967148cec9b.png

Happy2Play

How are you connecting?  As a direct server connections does not change servers.

image.thumb.png.e28485673fc00ef1f730feadaaad800b.png

• Agree 1

MBSki
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

How are you connecting?  As a direct server connections does not change servers.

image.thumb.png.e28485673fc00ef1f730feadaaad800b.png

I'm connecting via local IP. 

MBSki
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I'm unclear how would you change servers if you're directly connecting to local IP? 

When I said local IP, I was referring to the Emby Web App that I'm using. So I go to x.x.x.x:8096 instead of app.emby.tv. It's the same view, but a different version. Make sense?  

GrimReaper

Yeah, how can server at x.x.x.x:8096 know there's another somewhere at y.y.y.y:zzzz? It does not sniff your network, you're connecting only to that server via IP in the address bar, whereas EmbyConnect is "aware" of all your servers, hence the Choose Server dialog presented. 

Edit: Just put Bookmark to the other server in your browser's toolbar, it'll take you there faster. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

MBSki

I'm fairly certain I've always been able to change servers regardless of how I connected. 

CBers

Have the Server Settings finally been "hidden".

Hopefully this will roll-out to the ET and ETC for Android (TV) app.

Thanks @Luke.

GrimReaper
Just now, mbarylski said:

I'm fairly certain I've always been able to change servers regardless of how I connected. 

I don't see how would that be feasible, but I might be wrong, as well. Anyway, I don't remember such, but in my age that ain't particularly surprising. 

1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

I don't see how would that be feasible, but I might be wrong, as well. Anyway, I don't remember such, but in my age that ain't particularly surprising. 

The local Emby web app (and other clients) remember servers you've previously added/logged into and lists them.

If that server isn't available at the moment, the login just fails.

• Thanks 1

MBSki
5 minutes ago, CBers said:

Have the Server Settings finally been "hidden".

Hopefully this will roll-out to the ET and ETC for Android (TV) app.

Thanks @Luke.

No, the server settings are still there. There's just no way to change the server.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, roaku said:

The local Emby web app (and other clients) remember servers you've previously added/logged into and lists them.

Where? 

CBers
4 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

No, the server settings are still there. There's just no way to change the server.

Shows in the app on my phone. 

Screenshot_20211014-154807.thumb.png.68ba61e295eb76282f8fb1ecdeb40cc7.png.a4aa2a3723e6355fc0191abbaf34ef08.png

I'm currently connected remotely. 

And Server Settings are under App Settings.

Edited by CBers

MBSki
2 minutes ago, CBers said:

Shows in the app on my phone. 

Screenshot_20211014-154807.thumb.png.68ba61e295eb76282f8fb1ecdeb40cc7.png

I'm currently connected remotely. 

Click "App Settings". 

On another note, I don't know why the option below says "Manage Emby Server" when all it does is go to the dashboard. Kind of confusing. 

Edited by mbarylski

4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Where? 

I can't check right now. I just know it works this way because I use it this way.

CBers
1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

Click "App Settings". 

What are you trying to say?

1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

On another note, I don't know why the option below says "Manage Emby Server" when all it does is go to the dashboard. Kind of confusing. 

Seems both App Settings and Manage Emby Server contain the same settings.

GrimReaper
Just now, roaku said:

I can't check right now. I just know it works this way because I use it this way.

Pls do check when you have the opportunity, as I just can't envision how would that be possible with direct local IP connection. 

MBSki
5 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Pls do check when you have the opportunity, as I just can't envision how would that be possible with direct local IP connection. 

It is, I've always done it that way. I think it works because you can have multiple servers at the same IP, just on different ports. 

7 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

The user manually adds server(s) details through the client, and the client remembers the server(s) details the user added. There's no big mystery to solve.

Edited by roaku

MBSki
8 minutes ago, CBers said:

What are you trying to say?

You know...I have no freakin' idea. 😅 I thought someone asked where the server settings were and I was pointing them to where the server settings. Sorry.

8 minutes ago, CBers said:

Seems both App Settings and Manage Emby Server contain the same settings.

Yes, in the web app. On android app Settings goes to the full list of settings and Manage Emby Server is just the dashboard. 

GrimReaper
Just now, roaku said:

The user manually adds server(s) details through the client, and the client remembers the server(s) details the user added. There's no big mystery to solve.

You're getting OT, we all know how clients work, this is strictly related to Web App "Change server" option when connected locally via IP:port and not through app.emby.media. Can someone share a screenshot of that? 

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

It is, I've always done it that way. I think it works because you can have multiple servers at the same IP, just on different ports. 

I'm always willing to learn something new, but as stated before, I don't see how would that be possible not do I remember it ever being. Which doesn't mean I'm right.