Remote user playback just spins on the tv screen

Kyrunner
Go to solution Solved by Kyrunner,

Kyrunner

I have a remote user and anytime he goes to play anytime it just spins on the TV screen 

he is using a shield pro. Emby server is qnap 4.6.4.0

i also have a Plex server and he can play every fine.

what’s weird is on the server I see the movie direct playing but on his end it just spins. The user is skiz1E813813-A4A5-49E2-A8C4-9ADD6C6B7B48.thumb.png.458388b294fad1983cdad9a6d35a3138.png

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by Kyrunner

Hi, this is a large log file with a lot of activity. What time was the problem experienced? Thanks.

Kyrunner
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, this is a large log file with a lot of activity. What time was the problem experienced? Thanks.

Around 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm 

Hi.  What is the bitrate of this item and what is the upload speed at your server and the download speed at the client end?

I see two things of interest in the log.  1) Looks like Cloudflare is involved and 2) the client appears to be using an IPv6 address.  Not sure if those are related yet.

Kyrunner
26 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What is the bitrate of this item and what is the upload speed at your server and the download speed at the client end?

I see two things of interest in the log.  1) Looks like Cloudflare is involved and 2) the client appears to be using an IPv6 address.  Not sure if those are related yet.

It happens with dvd, Blu-ray and 4K 

he can play any of those files through my Plex server without issues so shouldn’t be a bandwidth issue. 

2 hours ago, Kyrunner said:

Disabling IPV6 on the shield fixed the issue 

That's interesting, thanks for the feedback.