Recovering from Major Server Loss - Library Scan Stuck

Dizzy49
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Dizzy49

VERY Long story short, I lost a bunch of drives and I'm just now getting back up and running.  I've copied all the data back to the server and I'm trying to get Emby back up to speed.  I did a Library Scan and it was stuck at 81% for a while, then 83%, 85% and now 89%.  It's taken about 14hrs so far, and it's been at 89% for almost 7hrs.

The thumbnail image extraction has also failed to run as well.

Any ideas what's going on?

Dizzy49

It LOOKS like it's been running this whole time, but I see a bunch of odd errors.

The one where it says there wasn't enough space was particularly odd.  I have over 40TB free.

Not sure what to make of the others.

embyserver.txt

You should see faster scan performance by removing these plugins and then restarting the server:

2021-10-10 02:50:05.822 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord, Version=19.8.3.1105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\Dizzy\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord.dll
2021-10-10 02:50:05.822 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies, Version=19.8.3.1105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\Dizzy\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins\MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies.dll

Additionally I see you enabled Moviedb metadata for episodes, and in doing that you essentially were asking for longer scan times as well.

Dizzy49

I noticed I also have two collection libraries now.  They second one has the same folder (even though it doesn't show it).  I removed the folder from one, and it removed it from both.  How do I delete one of these?

I also seem to have a Playlist folder that I didn't have before.

image.png.99067f143a54c339b03715ecadd4062c.png

Do you have NFO files generated for your libraries?  How about images saved to media folders?

If so you can turn off all the meta-data data provider's except NFO for your different libs and load much quicker!

• Solution

Regarding the second collections folder, try deleting this folder if present:

C:\Users\Dizzy\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\root\default\Collections

Then run a scan of all libraries and see if it goes away.

• Like 2

Dizzy49
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Regarding the second collections folder, try deleting this folder if present:

C:\Users\Dizzy\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\root\default\Collections

Then run a scan of all libraries and see if it goes away.

I had a Collections, and a Collections1 folder.
I deleted them both, and ran a scan and now I just have the one.