Jump to content

German translation on Samsung TV


Painkiller8818
 Share

Recommended Posts

Painkiller8818

Hi,

 

I use Emby with german language and found a strange translation we normally don't use/say.

In the Samsung app TAGS are translated to "Etiketten" which is a strange translation ( i think a 1:1 translation) but i would suggest to not translate it. We also say Tags and we all know what it is. This is also weired because on my Web Browser (also german) it is called Tags so it is just the samsung app having another translation.

You could change this back to Tags for german lang as it is the usual word we also use and "etiketten" is a strange translation for this which makes me wonder what it is the first time i saw it.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SamES

I would have thought this would be the same on the web client as the translation files are synchronised between the server and the clients.

image.thumb.png.bcd0c20e236355427196ae5afba87be2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818
13 hours ago, SamES said:

I would have thought this would be the same on the web client as the translation files are synchronised between the server and the clients.

image.thumb.png.bcd0c20e236355427196ae5afba87be2.png

No it is not the same, this is what it looks on the Browser:

grafik.thumb.png.15bb25615d38e0c2cb509181b82dd807.png

Edited by Painkiller8818
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you show a screenshot from the Samsung app? Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you show a screenshot from the Samsung app? Thanks 

sure.

This is how it looks on the Samsung (q90r 2019)

20211011_001333.thumb.jpg.d115efdff374c7a94fe6593cddd2c273.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What version of the Samsung app do you have?

1.1.04 is the Samsung Version

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SamES

When I select German, this is what I get in the web app via the server

image.thumb.png.f162bc8cd8e21b4c59defeb25a6afd19.png

 

and app.emby.media

image.thumb.png.ed7f36e84f2e7d3a5551326ca11e0767.png

 

I suspect in your case only the Samsung app is displaying this as designed (albeit maybe not a good translation)

 

 

Edited by SamES
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818
4 hours ago, SamES said:

When I select German, this is what I get in the web app via the server

image.thumb.png.f162bc8cd8e21b4c59defeb25a6afd19.png

 

and app.emby.media

image.thumb.png.ed7f36e84f2e7d3a5551326ca11e0767.png

 

I suspect in your case only the Samsung app is displaying this as designed (albeit maybe not a good translation)

 

 

Yes only the Samsung app displays it like this. But the point of my thread is that you should leave it "Tags" as Etiketten is a wrong/strange translation word for it.

Etiketten is used in the supermarket to put a name and a price on it but for movies we all say Tags, so i would recommend the english word as it is also the one we use.

Like with Trailers, you haven't translated trailers because the german translation is much longer and Sh*t so just do the same for Tags and leave it like the english word.

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

1.1.04 is the Samsung Version

OK, that's very new, so if you're running Emby Server 4.6.4 then most likely after the next server release when you get to 4.7, the web app will look the same.

You can always jump in on OneSky and help translate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Painkiller8818
1 minute ago, Luke said:

You can always jump in on OneSky and help translate.

Yes i would like to help translating. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...