Web Client - Changing movies & collection thumb (when combined)

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I'm stumped. I don't know how to change the thumb when movies and collections are combined within the web client. I can't be the only one that's using the web client this way?

540bba641a20a_thumb.jpg

540bbb25467d5_thumb_option.jpg

As you can see, I've picked an image but nothing shows up on home (movies). The thumbs will show up fine when they are not merged together.

540bbb3ac6b5a_thumb_movie.jpg540bbb4eed248_thumb_collection.jpg

Happy2Play

The My View Movie image is located (MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views\movies), your imagebyname location.

The Movie image is located (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\root\default\Movies).

Edited by Happy2Play

Angelblue05

I'm sorry @@Happy2Play, but how exactly does that help me? Am I supposed to put the images in there? The movies/collection combo thumb remains unchanged no matter what.

Beardyname

Could it be a caching issue ? try ctrl+f5. I have mine setup in the same way but my primary image is working as intended. (hover over the view, click edit --> images --> choose image. Which looks like what you have done)

Angelblue05

@@Beardyname I've tried the ctrl+F5, but it didn't help. Like I said, when collection is it's own folder view, the thumb for collection will show up. When movies is seperate from collection, as in the option to group movies and collections is disabled, the thumb for movies will appear. When the collection is showing within the movies tab > collection, I get the default thumb.

Edit: I am talking about folder view. I was thinking of the wrong option (the group movies and collection on 1st post)... The "My Views" option under preference is what I'm actually talking about (when movies are automatically grouped together.) I'm sorry if I'm not expressing myself correctly.

540c1df13cc9c_thumb_view.jpg540c1f2d0c006_thumb_side.jpg540c1f7cb9d2c_thumb_bar.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05

Beardyname

@@Beardyname I've tried the ctrl+F5, but it didn't help. Like I said, when collection is it's own folder view, the thumb for collection will show up. When movies is seperate from collection, as in the option to group movies and collections is disabled, the thumb for movies will appear. When the collection is showing within the movies tab > collection, I get the default thumb.

odd, now we can try what happy said :)

check in this folder : C:\Users\YOURUSERHERE\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views and check around in the Movies view and see if you can find that persistent image.

Angelblue05

I checked the folders in C:\Users\YOURUSERHERE\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views\view\movies and all the folders are empty. Odd. I've never been able to make the image I want appear when they are grouped up.

Edited by Angelblue05

Beardyname

I checked the folders in C:\Users\YOURUSERHERE\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views\view\movies and all the folders are empty. Odd. I've never been able to make the image I want appear when they are grouped up.

I hope you replaced the "YOURUSERHERE" with your specific user :)

Angelblue05

Haha, yes of course :)

I changed my options around. I disabled movies from automatically grouping up and gave collection it's own folder view. Went back to home and the collection thumbnail is not changing! It must be the culprit, but there's no image in moviecollection folder (I'm not exactly sure if that's where I should look for it.) I guess I didn't realize the thumbnail for collection stopped working when I switched to my current settings.

Edited by Angelblue05

Happy2Play

Depending on your view they have different folder locations.  You need to hover over the icon, click more, edit, image and change it to what you want.

• Like 1

Beardyname

Haha, yes of course :)

I changed my options around. I disabled movies from automatically grouping up and gave collection it's own folder view. Went back to home and the collection thumbnail is not changing! It must be the culprit, but there's no image in moviecollection folder (I'm not exactly sure if that's where I should look for it.)

hmm are you using views or folders ?

Anyway, from the "Home" panel if i hover above the collections view and press edit. I get taken here -->

Where in the "Path" you can see where it's storing it's images.

Edited by Beardyname
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks to you both! That's exactly what I needed to solve my problem :) My problem was changing the image by clicking metadata manager and then clicking on collection>image. Apparently, it is not the same as hover over collection>edit>image.....

I was able to modify it using Happy's technique by hovering over the view and editing the image there.

Edited by Angelblue05

Beardyname

Thanks to you both! That's exactly what I needed to solve my problem :)

I was able to modify it using Happy's technique by hovering over the view and editing the image there.

Oh my bad i thought that did not worked for you :P (this is the main tool for editing images, so if it works and you now know how to use it then it will be easier in the future!)

As long as it works I'm happy!

Edited by Beardyname

Angelblue05

I was able to change the thumbnail of TV, Music, Anime and Movies within the metadata manager and clicking the main folder type. Apparently, collections is different. The collections edit thru the hover method from home page is different from the collections edit thru the metadata manager method.

@@Beardyname I thought it didn't work for me either!

Edited by Angelblue05

Beardyname

I was able to change the thumbnail of TV, Music, Anime and Movies within the metadata manager and clicking the main folder type. Apparently, collections is different. The collections edit thru the hover method from home page is different from the collections edit thru the metadata manager method.

@@Beardyname I thought it didn't work for me either!

I think that is because one is collections for Movies (boxsets) while collections can contain any number of your own "groupings" such as a bunch of tv-shows mixed with music for example.

enough rambling from me :)

As long as it works then all is well!