Wrong Season and TV show listed

dadofhgnadn

dadofhgnadn

So there is a tv show that original aired in the 70s. In 2020 they made it again using the very same name. The Metadata is populated using the 1970s show and not the 2020 show. The year is included in the folder title and I have the IMDB number. Can I just direct it to that page and the meta data will update?  I really dont want to enter all that information when I know its already out there.

Thanks

Gilgamesh_48

Include the date in the file name like:
TVShowName (date) for the folder
and:
TVShowName (date) - SxxEyy - OptionalEpisodeDescription.ext

Emby will take care of the rest.

You may need to move the entire show out of where Emby can see it. Then scan the library. Then move the show back and scan again.

I have several TV shows and movies that have been remade and including the date (really only needed for the newer show) has always fixed any problem. The only exception is "The Twilight Zone" or shows like it where there are three or more remakes. For those shows I put the date in all folder and file names.

dadofhgnadn

I moved the folder to a temp folder, deleted the .nfo and .jpg files within, renamed the folder (the files were already correct) copied back and rescanned the library. 

Thanks Gilgamesh and your Mesopotamian awesomeness. That did the trick.