Auto hide folders with no audio?

lightsout

lightsout

This may be a unique setup. I have quite a few files that I want to have video and audio of. Video at home and audio on the go. Similar to how emby allows a 1080p and 4k copy of a film.

I have one library set to "Audio Books". I do this so I can resume the mp3's. I pointed this library to a folder that includes a bunch of folders that have audio and video in them. I was hoping it would exclude the folders that only have video. Instead they are shown as empty.

I have a second library that points to the same folder, this is set to "Home Video". I would like it to only show the videos. I tested a folder with the same set of files in .mp4 and .mp3 (they have the same name as that is how the conversion software spits them out. In this instance the video files disappeared in emby I only see the mp3s.

I am trying to avoid have to duplicate the entire file structure with an audio section and a video section separate from each other. 

Hoping that is somewhat clear?

I have a second library that points to the same folder, this is set to "Home Video". 

Hi, using the same folder with multiple libraries of varying content types is not supported, just fyi.

lightsout
42 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, using the same folder with multiple libraries of varying content types is not supported, just fyi.

Ok, can you explain what you mean by not supported? What will happen?

Happy2Play

No library should point to the same folder or subfolder of any other library.

Yes some cases it may work but in no way supported.

3 hours ago, lightsout said:

Ok, can you explain what you mean by not supported? What will happen?

We don't know all of the things that will happen because it's not something we're actively testing, but folders only get one set of library options, so unless they are identical then it will more or less feel random as to which ones get used.

This is a scenario that we'd like to be able to accommodate but we're not there yet.

lightsout

Ok, I ask because I have done it for a couple years now. I have an "audio" folder inside a folder with a bunch of videos. So far so good.

Think I got things working as I would like. Just leaving the audio and video files side by side and selecting "Mixed Content" so far is working good.

Happy2Play

Unless something has changed audio should only be seen in Audiobook or Music library content types.