Command to force album art display

IsaiahSellassie

IsaiahSellassie

Hello,

I have a new install of Emby on Ubuntu 18.04 and right away I was favorably impressed by the things Emby does better than Plex, which I have used for a number of years. I see cover art in the Folders view, but not in the Albums view. Is this the default, or is something wrong with my install? Is there a terminal command I could use to make Emby use the cover.jpg or Cover.jpg as the album thumbnail across the whole music library? 

Thanks!

Hi, did you configure the music folder structure option for your music library?

If you want to use local images in your music folders then this is required. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks 

IsaiahSellassie
44 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you configure the music folder structure option for your music library?

Thanks for the reply, Luke. I chose unstructured because Plex did a poor job of reading my directory structure. I have switched it to Artist - Album structure although it is not "perfectly organized" in that way. In some cases the parent directory is Artist only, and the child folders Album only. After a fresh scan, album covers have showed up! Solved.

Is there a way to make it prefer internal meta data over folder name? And, does it show embedded images by default if the folder does not have an image? 

I am unable to change anything manually. I tried to edit Jackie Mclean to Jackie McLean, but the change did not stick. 

Thanks again!

have switched it to Artist - Album structure although it is not "perfectly organized" in that way.

Hi, it really should be when picking this option otherwise you'll run into quirks.

Is there a way to make it prefer internal meta data over folder name

That already happens. There is nothing you need to do to make that happen other than scan your library.

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, IsaiahSellassie said:

I am unable to change anything manually. I tried to edit Jackie Mclean to Jackie McLean, but the change did not stick. 

Correct as the Embedded metadata has to changed via the items not Emby UI metadata.  

Please let us know if this helps, and if not, then let's look at some specific examples. Thanks.

IsaiahSellassie
3 hours ago, Luke said:

That already happens. There is nothing you need to do to make that happen other than scan your library.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Correct as the Embedded metadata has to changed via the items not Emby UI metadata.  

Interesting. 9 of 10 items have the McLean spelling in meta data, not Mclean. I edited the 10th in Foobar, and Emby auto corrected instantly. Good to know.

Thank you, gentlemen, it looks like I'm all set for now. Remote access is working too. I'm a happy camper. My only regret is I did not switch to Emby earlier! 

Edited by IsaiahSellassie
  • Thanks 1