Pause doesn't work consistently.

dmtudder

dmtudder

A few months ago I updated my media browser classic and since then.my pause doesn't work properly.

Not every time, but every other time (not consistent), the pause function from the remote (Diamond 44 button) stops briefly and then stutters until I hit play or pause again.  Sometimes I have to pause five times for it to stop completely.   I brought this up once and was told it was a focus problem, but this is not the case.  Every time it is the only program in the fore-front.

I switched to get beta updates and that is when this happened.  I tried to re-install to current release and had no luck getting the problem to go away..

Any thoughts??

nydude25

A few months ago I updated my media browser classic and since then.my pause doesn't work properly.

Not every time, but every other time (not consistent), the pause function from the remote (Diamond 44 button) stops briefly and then stutters until I hit play or pause again.  Sometimes I have to pause five times for it to stop completely.   I brought this up once and was told it was a focus problem, but this is not the case.  Every time it is the only program in the fore-front.

I switched to get beta updates and that is when this happened.  I tried to re-install to current release and had no luck getting the problem to go away..

Any thoughts??

Did you try to disable the overlay interface in MBC?

That has given some issues, so there is a setting to disable it in the configuration area.

• 4 months later...
inzombyac

I had this issue on a machine with Intel HD graphics with LAV filters.  Solved it by changing the Hardware Decoder settings in LAV to Intel QuickSync.  Now I can use the new interface and pause.

• Like 1

dmtudder

I ended up going to vlc player and that fixed many issues for me.  The only problem I have with vlc is it takes about 10+ seconds for a resume to begin.  Haven't found anyone else complaining about this. Guess it's a feature.  Thank you for your idea it sounds plausible.