Shield Pro not Showing all Thumbnails

Disgustipated

Disgustipated

I have the Emby app loaded on my Shield and MyClouPR4100. I installed this time yesterday and not all thumbnails are showing up. Is there a reason for this and can I manually fix it?

IMG_20211005_091715.jpg

Disgustipated
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how does the web app compare?

Somewhat better but it's still not correct. Emby is also picking up remnants of media that I have long since deleted, even before I installed Emby.

Screenshot 2021-10-05 092730.jpg

Hi.  Those are two different screens in the two apps.  What does the exact same view you showed in this app look like in the web app?

Disgustipated
21 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Those are two different screens in the two apps.  What does the exact same view you showed in this app look like in the web app?

Not sure why that matters as they were both from the same library but here's the same shot as the Shield app from the first post.

Screenshot 2021-10-05 121030.jpg

Thank you.  That allows me to see the exact same items and the images for them.

It looks like you don't have primary images for the items that aren't showing in the TV app.  The web appears to be falling back to backdrops in that instance.  The TV app doesn't try to show backdrops for primary.

What is the library type of this library?  Something looks "off" as I see folders for some TV shows.

Happy2Play

This does not look right from a TV library aspect.  Can you verified the library content type on Dashboard-Library.

image.png.3074c69ca48f34f7ac5f5438ccd926db.png

Disgustipated
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

This does not look right from a TV library aspect.  Can you verified the library content type on Dashboard-Library.

image.png.3074c69ca48f34f7ac5f5438ccd926db.png

2 hours ago, ebr said:

Thank you.  That allows me to see the exact same items and the images for them.

It looks like you don't have primary images for the items that aren't showing in the TV app.  The web appears to be falling back to backdrops in that instance.  The TV app doesn't try to show backdrops for primary.

What is the library type of this library?  Something looks "off" as I see folders for some TV shows.

The library is "TV Shows" and the View is set to "Primary."

Happy2Play
Just now, Disgustipated said:

The library is "TV Shows" and the View is set to "Primary."

As mentions then that would suggest Missing images for all these item.  Do you save images with media?  If so can you show the contents of the folder.  If not then we will probably need to see a server log.

Disgustipated
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

As mentions then that would suggest Missing images for all these item.  Do you save images with media?  If so can you show the contents of the folder.  If not then we will probably need to see a server log.

No, I don't have all of the thumbnails for these items. I ASSumed the metadata, etc. would pick them up as with Plex, Kodi, and MrMC. I've attached the log for you. Thanks for working on this with me.

Emby Server log 10.05.21.txt

Hi.  Did you follow our guidelines for the content structure?

It looks like some of your items are not being properly seen as TV series and then also not being identified so that you do get good metadata.

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, Disgustipated said:

No, I don't have all of the thumbnails for these items. I ASSumed the metadata, etc. would pick them up as with Plex, Kodi, and MrMC. I've attached the log for you. Thanks for working on this with me.

Emby Server log 10.05.21.txt 12.3 MB · 0 downloads

Best guess right now would be permissions issues looking at this log

example

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/usr/share/ftp/4K_Movies_3/The Fifth Element (1997) 2160p.GBR.BluRay.HEVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-AdBlue' is denied.

You also have a issue with your Music path.

2021-10-05 09:37:09.910 Info LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for smb://mycloudpr4100/music because the path does not exist

SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: Failed to connect: 192.168.1.136

But yes as ebr mentioned it could be orgainiation/naming.

But would need to break it down for a specific example and log for that example.

Disgustipated
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Is your media also stored on the same NAS as the server?

Yes, it is.

7 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Did you follow our guidelines for the content structure?

It looks like some of your items are not being properly seen as TV series and then also not being identified so that you do get good metadata.

I have it set properly sans the first air year.

Foundation>Season 1> Foundation E01S01.mkv

7 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Best guess right now would be permissions issues looking at this log

example

You also have a issue with your Music path.

2021-10-05 09:37:09.910 Info LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for smb://mycloudpr4100/music because the path does not exist

SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: Failed to connect: 192.168.1.136

But yes as ebr mentioned it could be orgainiation/naming.

But would need to break it down for a specific example and log for that example.

I fixed the MUSIC issue, thank you.

Disgustipated
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Then why have you configured your libraries with smb network paths?

I'm not following you. How should they be set up?

42 minutes ago, Disgustipated said:

Hi.  You said they were on the same machine as the Emby server so you should be able to reference them with normal local paths.

9 hours ago, Disgustipated said:

What you setup the libraries in emby library setup, what folder paths did you enter?

Disgustipated
21 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You said they were on the same machine as the Emby server so you should be able to reference them with normal local paths.

12 hours ago, Luke said:

What you setup the libraries in emby library setup, what folder paths did you enter?

I have them set-up like this. This is for TV SHOWS. I'm using a WDmyloudpr4100 as my server.

Screenshot 2021-10-07 085046.jpg

Disgustipated
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK then what is this path that we're seeing in the server log?

smb://mycloudpr4100/music

I've changed it to look like the rest

/usr/share/ftp/MUSIC