Emby DB not updating, running 6.2.4-25556 Update 2

tcichowicz
Go to solution Solved by tcichowicz,

tcichowicz

I run two Synology devices DS1520+.

Both have separate EMBY servers running 4.6.4.0

One is working fine, (NAS2) the other (NAS3) has not been updating the DB ...   But run against their own volumes for the content, but the content is sync'd between the two.

I've tried removing all the libraries from the Libray interface and restoring from a backup, that didn't do anything to correct the problem. I then removed all the libries again and the recreated them manually from scratch. That also didn't do anything.

I wanted to delete the library.db files but can't find the path location on the synology. I checked the logs to see if I can find a location there as some post I've found say that's where the path would be found. 

Can anyone help?

Hi, do us a favor and post your server log from the NAS3 box and let us take a look.

Happy2Play

You have access denied om libraries and can not find on movie library

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/_media/music/Air Supply' is denied.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/_media/tv_shows_archive/Gilligan's Island' is denied.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/_media/tv_shows/Nine Perfect Strangers/Season 1' is denied.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/volume1/_media/movies/A Dog's Journey (2019)'.

Would first look at permissions across all media.

• Like 1

tcichowicz

OK... I assume I need to check and or change that Within the Shared Folder... the '_media' share is the parent to all my content library folders.

Screenshot 2021-10-01 7.00.34 PM.png

Happy2Play
17 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

The topic says he's on DSM 6 though which is a local user. 

Do you have any ideas as the log shows access denied and Could not find a part of the path?

tcichowicz

I’ve compared those settings to my other working NAS2, they are exactly the same including internal users… ‘Emby’ not listed as an internal user on either of my systems.

• Like 1

This shouldn't have anything to do with the library.db file or it's permissions.
The location is likely /volume1/Emby/data/library.db but it could be different

The problem seems to be permission related on /volume1/_media/ and folders under it.

If you like, send me a PM and we can do a remote support session.  I'm sure I can help you get this fixed.

PS: goto the Network menu in Emby web admin and turn off the item "Enable automatic port mapping" as it's not needed on your system.  Emby keeps trying to do the port mapping and is flooding your logs with errors making it hard to read.

• Solution
tcichowicz

cayars;

Thanks so much for 'Remoting in' and fixing my issue!

You showed me where I needed to change the file permissions within the File Station - to change the permissions to all the child folders and files of the parent Shared Folder.

Thanks again!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tcichowicz said:

Thanks so much for 'Remoting in' and fixing my issue!

You showed me where I needed to change the file permissions within the File Station - to change the permissions to all the child folders and files of the parent Shared Folder.

If it makes you feel any better I've helped two other people remotely since you with the same issue!

Deja Vu for me. :)

• Like 2