Where is favorite and watched information stored?

invertedknife

invertedknife

i recently moved my library of home movies to a different drive. i was saving all the metadata to .nfo files. but none of my favorite information has been transferred. where is the favorites info stores? also info such as watch count and % watched. i see the tags for this in the metadata 

Edited by invertedknife

MBSki
1 hour ago, invertedknife said:

i recently moved my library of home movies to a different drive. i was saving all the metadata to .nfo files. but none of my favorite information has been transferred. where is the favorites info stores? also info such as watch count and % watched. i see the tags for this in the metadata 

Everything is stored in the database. I did the same thing recently and the only way to get everything back was to temporarily copy my data back to the original location. If you do, you SHOULD see all of your favorites pop up again. After that, you'll have to go through and re-tag everything in the new location.

As for watched status, your best bet is to use trakt.tv. You can sync everything to a trakt.tv account so no matter what you do with your library, your watched status will always be preserved.

Happy2Play

Unfortunately all items without providerids will loose played/resume/favorite state upon move as the item is removed and readd to the database getting a new database id that is no longer linked to the previous one that was tracked in the userdata table.

So when it comes to this type of media has to be tracked by external sources like trakt to be able to keep this information.

**Otherwise you need to plan this media move and shutdown Emby, manually update the mediaitems table with new path and possibly image path, move your media, start Emby and possibly require a library scan.

• 10 months later...
Happy2Play
39 minutes ago, kidnappervan said:

How can I save watch status in .nfo?

Click on the Nfo plugin to see the settings.  Note Emby does not use this information as it will only apply to one user.