Boxing "sorting" question

Lee

So... I've got a few boxing matches on my server, I'd like to be able to find a bout by the fighter without duplicating the video.

Currently I have

Sport/boxing/Marvin Hagler/

Hagler vs Hearns

Hagler vs Leonard

Etc....

I'd like a

Sport/boxing/Sugar Ray Leonard

Folder with links to the

Sport/boxing/Marvin Hagler/Hagler vs Leonard

fight ... Is this possible?

Hopefully I've made that understandable!! It is in my head!!!!

You could use the metadata manager to add the boxers as a 'person' against each bout. Then when you search for the boxer you would get all the bouts they are attached to.

Or you could use collections to create a collection for each boxer.

• Like 1

can I put shortcuts in to video folders and they will be picked up? I think mb2 did that???

@@ebr does it have to be folder shortcuts or video? just wondering how metadata and art should work..

it doesn't seem to have worked on the server for me...

I know folder shortcuts work because I use them.  Single video ones may too but I honestly am not sure that has been tested lately since we've moved away from shortcuts for most things.

@@ebr sorry to nag, the folder shortcuts or video shortcuts won't work for me could you check yours if you haven't used them recently because I can't see what could be wrong...

Create shortcut cut paste in different folder?? It works perfectly within windows so that should be it surely????

You have to make sure the shortcut is created with the exact same reference as the item in your library.  That is UNC paths vs drive reference etc.

I know mine work because that's how I make a subset of my media available to one of my friends and he's been watching those shows all week.

• Like 1