Homescreen Indicator of What User is Playing on Other Devices

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

There have been a number of requests for multi cast playback simultaneously to various clients. My request is something that might help take Emby in that direction and provide an interim solution to a certain extent.

What i'd like to be able to do is, when i open an emby client as a certain user, have an indication on the homescreeen of what that same user is playing on other emby clients.

My use case is i'm watching something (live tv or standard local media) in one room and i move to another to do something else. In order to pick up the same session on another client i'm likely to have to search for the show in the tv guide or otherwise find the show or movie. I'd really like a shortcut to access this immediately, or even better, a prompt when i open the second client that the same user has an open session on another client, do i want to play the same thing from the same point.

To be honest perfect synchronisation of playback is another issue and not one i'm really bothered about here. this is purely about being able to quickly pick up in play sessions on a second client.

2 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

live tv?

Ah, gotcha. So maybe just add what we're watching in live TV to the Continue Watching row? It would go away though after the show ended right?

Just now, Spaceboy said:

even for in progress local media unless you stop playback the in progress row is not updated

Mine shows up when I'm still watching. But I have to get past the % watched point that I set. 

rbjtech

interesting - mine updates the Continue Watching as well.

I know this as my other half has a tendency to move to one room to another leaving all the TV's on - all playing the same episode 30 seconds behind each other lol as she picks up the show from 'Continue Watching' ..

I don't use Live TV so can't comment on that.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Since "Continue Watching" does exactly this for any fixed media, this request is actually the same as:

Jesus Criste! I had completely forgot about this request but can we expect it soon?

Spaceboy
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Since "Continue Watching" does exactly this for any fixed media, this request is actually the same as:

kind of but the responses to that request referenced virtual recording, pausing on client 1 and picking up from the exact same point on client 2. per my request all i want to do is have a shortcut to the stream the user is playing on client 1 shown on client 2. you can add your bells, whistles and gigantic cup holders at a later point...