Audio Books not loaded/scanned correctly

xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

Hi, I cant figure out how to resolve this issue.

As you can see on the screenshot, the meta data is correctly downloaded, however after the scan you only will find 1 file in the list. All other files are not shown. I have followed the proper folder structure and naming and tried also other formats, but no luck. What needs to be changed so that emby correctly displays all the files of an audio book? Attached two examples with different folder structure.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 17.59.14.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 18.03.19.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 18.03.06.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 18.01.29.png

xbmcgotham
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi. What is the type of the library and where did you point the folders?

Hi,

Its an "audio books" library. Not sure what you mean by "point the folders". They are mapped to an external NAS drive.

Hi, you're looking at the screen for the individual track. Click the album heading to view the album screen where you will see all tracks.

xbmcgotham
38 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, you're looking at the screen for the individual track. Click the album heading to view the album screen where you will see all tracks.

Well that was enlightening. 🙂

I guess the fact that both the ios app and web site load the last song immediately instead of opening the album itself made the issue for me.

Another thing I noticed is that when their is no author information found, it looks like its not possible to manually add the author info and image through the web interface. Correct? How to add this?

Thanks

Best thing to do is update the embedded metadata within the tracks, e.g. the album and albumartist tags, then run a library scan and the server will pick up the changes. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

xbmcgotham
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Best thing to do is update the embedded metadata within the tracks, e.g. the album and albumartist tags, then run a library scan and the server will pick up the changes. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Yes that worked. thanks for the tip.

btw this works with mp3. But what if the files are ogg format. Any tip on how to do this for ogg files?

xbmcgotham
7 minutes ago, xbmcgotham said:

Yes that worked. thanks for the tip.

btw this works with mp3. But what if the files are ogg format. Any tip on how to do this for ogg files?

Never mind found that mp3tag.de does the job as well. 🙂