Chromium web client player misbehaving

thefirstofthe300

thefirstofthe300

I have a problem that I noticed cropped up in the last stable release for Linux (3.0.5347).

Everytime I attempt to fast-forward in the web player, the progress bar and the video get out of sync.  Say I select 0:45 as my position to fast-forward to while the movie is at 0:05.  The progress timer shows that the movie is at 0:45 but in reality, the movie restarted and played from the beginning, so the counter should be at 0:00.  The progress indicator on the progress bar also shows that it is at 0:45 while the movie is still at 0:00.  If I again attempt to fast-forward, the counter then indicates that the movie is at 1:30, the progress bar indicator shows that it is at 1:30, but the movie only fast-forwards to 0:45.

My logs for both the server and the transcode are here.

EDIT:  I should note that this only seems to happen in Chromium stable.  Firefox is just fine.  I don't have Chrome installed on my system but they should be the same.

Edited by DaBungalow

I'm not sure I understand correctly. How do you skip forward 45 sec ? I use the slider to skip and it's working fine. But I'm unable to skip 45 sec.

I have the same server on ubuntu 14.04 (server mini install) and Chrome on windows (64bit)

Audio sync might not be perfect, but close enough for a web player.

dantheman

The 45 seconds was just used as an example.  If I skip ahead to X time using the slider, the audio/video restarts from time 0, but the slider remains offset by X.  The audio and video are in sync.

This only seems to happen with my MKV videos.

ok, this is what happens when you read quick and english is not your native language. I completely missinterpeted the issue.

That beeing said I'm not seeing the same issue on windows chrome. I can use the progressbar to go forward and back in video and it skips to the correct posision and the progressbar indicator as far as I can tell is at the correct position. 

As I said this is windows chrome, I assume you guys are on linux chromium/chrome.

thefirstofthe300

I just updated to the beta version and everything seems to be back to normal.