Ubuntu missing library

nibblesthecat

nibblesthecat

i've been running MB3 (Version 3.0.5347.23908) on Ubuntu 1404 LTS 64bit and it work's well.

I have two main libraries on different disk's, separate into sub-folder's every so often MB3 will lose access to one of the libraries.This occur's while MB3 is running and if i go into movie's those movie's are missing. This can persist's a MB3 restart. The libraries are accessible , i.e. drive's mounted and i can navigate to the file's. In the log's i get this

2014-09-05 19:43:09.3148 Warn - BaseItem: Unable to find linked item at path /media/david/Main 21/Movies/films/Drama/The Man Who Would Be King.flv
Movies under /media/david/Main 21/Movies/films/ disappear's
TV which is under /media/david/Main 21/Movies/TV does appear

ive included the log and library set-up.
Regards

540a0ab96c73f_Screenshotfrom201409052009

server-63545542353.txt

nibblesthecat

i should add this is both in Chrome and Firefox and unmounted/remounting the drive, restarting MB3 doesn't work.

Doing a rescan bring's up the missing file's (i was hesitate to use this option as i thought it would have to rescan from scratch)

Edited by nibblesthecat

Beardyname

Re-scanning should not be a problem though.

Especially not if you store your meta-data in the folders themselves.

(I know this is not a preferred solution) but until someone can fix the problem for real it might be a nice band aid.

*Edit* forgot to mention it, on linux if you have windows machines that are supposed to do access the files directly you have to use path substitution, but I also noticed you are using .flv so that might not be necessary :)

Edited by Beardyname

From what I can see in the logs it seems MediaBrowser can't/couldn't access the folder on startup and in effect didn't set the watchdog on that folder.

As it couldn't find the files on startup it deactivates the entries in the library and as it doesn't set the watchdog it doesn't realize the folder with content is back.

The big question is: why was that the case? Are those folders on a local disc or mounted remotely?