HELP! After Update to DSM 7 I cannot create folders

rcharbo

Hello

After updating Both my Synology to DSM 7.0 -41890 and updating Emby to 4.6.4.0-3001 My Emby server required I "start over". Having looked up a solution on google I was unable to figure it out and decised to uninstall Emby and truly start over as I could not add new Libraries from my shared folders on my Synology. The path shows up but when I click the folder it does not populate that field nor does it add it as a folder on my server. I checked and the new Emby name emby__PKG_ was populated in Synology and had full read write access across all folders.

This did not resolve the problem and I am reaching out to get this resolved. Very disappointed that my synology instructs me to make security upgrades only to crash my Emby after years of tweaking until it was the way I like it.

Since I uninstalled and reinstalled I am still having the same issue and cannot add new Libraries having the same problem descibed above. Once again I checked and emby__PKG_ was populated in Synology and had full read write access across all folders

Please help

Rick

estoy en el mismo caso que tu, he actualizado a dsm 7 y no tengo forma ni manera de colocar ninguna carpeta, me pone / volume1 / emby y ya despues de eso se queda en blanco, he intentado ponerla manualmente y me dice que la ruta no existe

Edited by Almual

You are my Kevin Costner to my Whitney as I was able to add a folder and hope to be able to build my server back

Thanks for the fast reply

• Like 1

No need to start over.  You just need to Migrate your DSM 6 data over to DSM 7 following these instructions: