After TV episode plays emby freezes on going to next episode

MrMookie74

MrMookie74

Hi Guys

As u can see in topic. Most of the time when I play a show when it comes to the end of an episode and goes to switch to the next episode emby freezes with the spinning symbol in the middle of the screen. I have to back out and play the episode manually. Doesnt happen all the time but most of the time it does. I am using Android TV version of Emby on my Nvidia Shield. I am leaning that it is more toward the server that is causing the problem and not the app itself. Could anyone enlighten me and let me know if there is a way to sort this problem out. It just started happening about 2 weeks ago. I am using the Main release of emby server and not the beta I attached my emby log from my server

Thanks

Mook

embyserver.txt

MrMookie74
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please go over an example? Thanks.

Hi Luke thanks for responding. What happens is if say I play a tv show like "Counting Cars" after the episode ends it is supposed to go to the next episode. Most of the time it doesnt do it. It just freezes like its loading the next episode but it doesnt. I have to back out to the episode selection screen then select the next episode. I just even tried upgrading to the beta thinking perhaps that might fix the problem but nope the problem still persists.

Mook

MrMookie74
On 9/24/2021 at 9:46 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you tell us exactly when in that server log that happened and what was being played?

Thanks.

Hey Sorry for not getting back sooner. I rebooted router and Shield TV all seems to be ok now. 1st time thats ever happened to me on the Android TV App

Thanks to u and Luke for your timely responses

Mook

• 6 months later...
Mookdog

Well it seems like this ugly bug reared it head again. Everytime one episode finishes and it goes to the next episode I get nothing but a spinning wheel on the screen and it doesnt go any further. I have to back out and play the episode manually. I am gonna attach my latest server log

Mook

Edit : Just tested both Android TV and Android app on my nvidia shield and they are both doing the same thing

Edit Edit : Tested on Web UI and it worked fine. Dunno why there is the hiccup on my android device

Edit Edit Edit : Had my friend test remotely on his shield using ATV and it did the same thing attached is the photo of my server the ep freezes at the end of episode 2 and wont skip to episode 3

Another Edit : Ok guys I figured it out its seems the encode I had of the show was the problem. I got another version of it and all is fine.

embyserver.txt

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Mookdog
Added update