transcoding-temp folder filling up

Scott D

Scott D

No need to remove the daily restart.  I opened the transcode-temp folder this morning and found 3.2 gig of files from sessions that had happened in the last 24 hours.  No active users at the time I checked.  I would have to say that it is still happening.  The scheduled restart is keeping the problem under control.

neik
On 5/13/2023 at 3:32 PM, Scott D said:

No need to remove the daily restart.  I opened the transcode-temp folder this morning and found 3.2 gig of files from sessions that had happened in the last 24 hours.  No active users at the time I checked.  I would have to say that it is still happening.  The scheduled restart is keeping the problem under control.

+1

Just had the same this morning with a 4.5GB file sitting there without any activity on the server.
Restarted Emby and it got deleted.

Doing a daily restart doesn't do any harm and can help working around this type of issuees that Emby still has.

jathe

@K22R8CT

This bash does not work for me, my temp-folder had subfolder and this script only scan files in the "transcoding-temp/".

My server creates a lot of subfolders like DFG456/1_1.ts and so.

Can you adapt this to the actual format?

Edited by jathe

K22R8CT
1 hour ago, jathe said:

Can you adapt this to the actual format?

I forgot I'd posted this. Right, later Emby versions use subfolders. I've updated the script (and my post) so it works:

ps here's how I launch it:

watch -n30 "/<PATH TO SCRIPT>/transcoding-temp-fix.sh 2>&1" > /<LOG DIRECTORY>/transcoding-temp-fix.log &