APK Archive ?

CARennie

Hi Everyone.

I have searched but can't find an Archive anywhere for the older APK install files for Android Mobile.

I have 2 Nexus 7 2nd Gen Tablets and have Emby for Android 3.1.73 running on one and I updated the other to Emby for Android 3.2.05. And I want to downgrade (Sideloading) it back to Emby for Android 3.1.73 APK but can't find an Archive of the Older APK files anywhere apart from one website but I don't trust random website storing other peoples install files.

The reason for downgrading is the Nexus 7 Gen 2 runs a lot slower on the newer APK.

Thanks in Advance

Craig R

Hi Luke.

Its Scrolling thats the main thing I noticed its no where near as smooth on the newer version. I just wanted to downgrade to see if it solved the issue.

It may be something else but I thought it was a good way of testing it

Thanks For the very quick reply

Edited by CARennie

Its the same as before. But Thanks for sending over the File to test it.

I have uploaded a side by side Video of the 2 Nexus 7's 

The Tablet on the Left is Emby for Android 3.2.05 and the Tablet on the Right is Emby for Android 3.1.73 It looks far smoother in real life and far more jerky

As the Nexus 7 is an older Tablet may be the newer version is to powerful for it ?

Edited by CARennie

Hi Luke 

Would it be ok to test the older Version Emby for Android 3.1.73 just so I can rule it out.

If I install the older version and it does not fix the issue I will try a Factory reset and go from there.

Thanks Again

Craig R

I don't, sorry, but you might be able to find it on apk mirror. If you find it please let me know if it makes a difference. I'm trying to hunt down what it could be.

I have quickly installed Emby for Android 3.1.73 APK and its the same, I am going to do a full reinstall of the OS as that must be the issue.

Again Thanks for your help Luke

Hi Luke sorry for the late reply.

I ended up doing a factory reset of the tablet and reinstalling Emby for Android 3.1.73 APK and it was alittle better.

So I decided to go one step further and unlocked the tablet and installed CyanogenMod (Trebuchet) and it was like night and day Emby runs soooo Smooth and responsive on all the versions you sent.

The Nexus 7 Gen 2 must be getting to the end of its stock life.

The difference between the 2 tablets was one was stock and the other had CyanogenMod installed.

ThankYou Luke for all you advice and help sorting this issue out for me. I guess identical device's are only Identical in looks and when factory reset.

Again Thanks

Craig R