3.0.5347.22095 Server not honouring MB2 metadata

feardamhan

feardamhan

Just upgraded to 3.0.5347.22095. Now my MB3 Classic or Web views both show a generic image for the episode thumbnail instead of the episode image downloaded when using MB2. Metadata setting is set to Standard MB2 as it was before. Only images downloaded in newer format are showing

Any ideas? Its going to be a pain to delete all metadata and scrap all over again.

What is the name of the image file(s) in question?

If you edit one of these items with the metadata manager and go to the images tab, what do you see?

feardamhan

Its not a particular image, its the numerically named image as fetched from thetvdb. Files scraped by MB3 appear to rename that file into the format of Series Episode No.jpg. In the end it was more than just the image that wasn't recognised. It was all the metadata regarding that episode that was downloaded in MB2 format.

I did a manual 'Advanced Refresh' (with default options) of the entire TV folder and it seemed to reconnect all the dots without actually having to delete or rescrape and metadata. However, no amount of library scanning was resolving the data.

feardamhan

That's odd. It's using the Standard MB2 option for metadata which up until the upgrade yesterday was working fine.

I had been using metabrowser for scraping and before upgrading to using MB3 and using it for metadata scraping I had asked the question on the board as to whether I could use existing local metadata and download only new stuff with MB3. It was the board that put me onto the 'Standard MB2' setting which worked flawlessly in terms of leveraging what was on disk already. Until yesterday :-)

Technically we do support that old convention, however hardly anyone is using it at this point, which means it's not getting tested a whole lot and as a result there could very well be some issues.

Happy2Play

That is a very old format that I don't think we support (the links to the images inside of the metadata itself).

I don't believe there is an issue with this format.  I use MCM and MBS see the image fine, even see MCM generated images.  There is a race conflict occasionally where both systems want to update the same series/episode and both will be written.

Edited by Happy2Play

That is a very old format that I don't think we support (the links to the images inside of the metadata itself).

feardamhan

Any thoughts on whether I should change to new format and rescrape? I assume it means the entire library's metadata would need to be cleaned down first or I'd end up with duplicate metadata files everywhere. I had simply been trying to avoid the hassle but if the format is going out of fashion it might just postponing the inevitable.

Edited by feardamhan