TV Show metadata in foreign language

steve1977

steve1977

Any chance to add an option to switch language for an individual TV show. I have a very few non-English shows and they are still being scraped in English. Would need an option somewhere in the library to change on TV series level. Thanks for considering!

steve1977

Fair point. Hoping that all the Germans, Swiss, French and others with local TV shows speak up. No idea how else they would add their local-language shows to MB Server.

• Like 1

I would love this as well. I have a few foreign TV shows, and I would like the name to be in its original language. However, whenever I set it and lock it (so it doesn't change), later on it always seems to revert back to English. Being able to set the language for auto update would be the best solution.

Perhaps we could store alternate titles for items, together with the language for each title, and allow the user to specify if they want the contents' native language or their own language to be used as the primary item name? Clients may then also be free to display the alternate language title as a subtitle.

• 1 month later...
steve1977

Bumping this thread up again. Just realized that MBS is "killing" my old NFO files and over-writing them with newly scraped ones. This actually us a huge issue for non-english tv shows. Hope this could be implemented (similar to SB has done it).

The tvdb ID is actually the same, but there is a language ID that can be changed. I suggest you would have "english" as default whenever adding a tv show to the library, but allow a toggle to switch to other available language. This would need to be of the level of individual tvshows.

For example:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=83214&lid=14 (German tvshow "Tatort" with full information available)

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=83214&lid=7 (English entry of the same show, but issue is that no episode description exist)

Not sure what to do with tvshows that don't even have an English entry, but manual entry and toggle may be ideal.

What do you think? Thanks in advance for considering!!!

• 4 weeks later...
steve1977

Let me bring this up again to see whether anyone else would be interested in this feature.

Actually, I now believe that this would not only be relevant for tvshows, but also for movies. I assume that I am not the only one that has mostly English movies, but some exceptions in local language. For those movies and tvshows, it would be nice to have all metadata (movie/tvshow title and description, posters, etc) also in local language.

Anyone interested or am I the only one having a few non-English movies and shows?

steve1977

this feature is in the next release.

Wow, this is fantastic!!! Even for both tvshows and movies? If so, just fixing the music (and maybe musicvideo) is left and all my other requests are nice-to-haves ;-)

• 3 years later...