NOOB wondering about hw acceleration prior to purchase

cryhavoc

currently using pms/windows10, but moving to qnap nas 1288.  prior to purchasing premiere I installed emby server on a better than avg gaming machine, windows10, but found noticeable stuttering in panning scenes like early blade runner 2049/4k.  the client is 2019 shield.  I do not have this problem with pms and plex client--same devices, I have plex pass.

I  have read many positive thoughts about emby, so I assume the stuttering is on my end and maybe explained because I have no hw acceleration with free version.

note:  this attempt is in-house with all wired connections, 1000Gbps.  

please tell me what you think is going on.

Thank you in advance.  

I am not sure what you mean other than with the shield 2019 pro updated plex for 2049 4k, the stuttering is subtle high frequency.  I uninstalled all of it, so no logs.  I did not do this today, but finally got to asking the forum.  idiotic of me, no doubt.  

I will purchase premiere and see if that solves it.

Thank you for responding, and my apologies for not having logs.  I should have known it would be the first request.  it does not happen with pms with plex pass, but does with emby, not premiere.  I was hoping an obvious difference for those more in the know regarding pms and emby server.

I will update this thread once I try again with premiere.  

That was prompt support.  Thank you.  

What ebr is asking for is the method the file is playing back on the Shield TV.

Start playing the file and select the COG menu.  On here you will see Stats for Nerds which will bring up an overlay on top the video.

It should say Direct Play, Direct Stream or Transcoding.

Unless the item is transcoding - which it probably is not - Premiere is not likely to make a difference so we should try to get to the bottom of the issue before that.

I'm guessing this is a very high bitrate item and there is an I/O bottleneck somewhere.

Thank you for responding, and my apologies for not having logs. 

Hi, if you can provide these details for an example we'll be happy to investigate further. Thanks !

Great Support, Guys/Gals.  However, I apologize for the original post.  I tried again last night and found no problem; same everything from the first go, so I have no clue why it was so different.  

Emby looks/run well.  I am about to purchase premiere mostly because of the function, but it helps having such a willing bunch trying to work with another noob.   

It is nice to have options; this is money well spent.  Thank you.  

• Like 1