Two emby servers

HawkXP71

HawkXP71

I have two Synology DS918+ at two locations, both serving up emby.  I can sync the media between the two machines.  Is there any way to sync the emby user information?

From user accounts, to the user avatars, to what movies have been watched? 

The media files are not on the same volumes (1 is /volume1 the other is on /volume2) but if there was a list of sqlite databases that could be copied and tweaked it would be great.

im find with setting one as the master so any changes on the slave would be lost next sync (though a bidirectional would be ideal).  Or to have the user information stored in emby connect, rather than per server.

Hi, Emby isn't built to sync data between servers but you may be able to do what you want using the configuration backup plugin.

You can backup one system and then selectively restore items on the 2nd server.

Go to the Emby Dashboard and scroll all the way to the bottom.  Click on API and you'll see all the Emby Server APIs available to use via swagger.

HawkXP71
10 minutes ago, cayars said:

Go to the Emby Dashboard and scroll all the way to the bottom.  Click on API and you'll see all the Emby Server APIs available to use via swagger.

Thanks.  Looking now.. The one parameter that is clearly missing (for good reason) is the password, But I may just have to force the users to set the password on the slave server for syncing..