Aw Snap Nexus 7

thefirstofthe300
Go to solution Solved by thefirstofthe300,

thefirstofthe300

Something I have noticed regarding the web interface for mobile: on my Nexus 7, attempting to open a pop up window in the server (such as the advanced refresh window in the metadata manager) results in an "Aw, Snap" error in Chrome for Android. I am attaching a screenshot of the error page. The crash was produced by attempting to open the advanced refresh window.

8039d2ac97a027d66618065f0e3bd169.jpg

Server v. 3.0.5347 Linux Mono build

Sent from my Nexus 7

Redshirt

I just tried opening the same popup for an episode on my Nexus 7 (2013) and it worked fine. Using Chrome 36.0.1985.135. Interestingly enough clicking the help & about in the browser locked the whole OS :)

I was using my servers local IP and my server is windows build 3.0.5359.21760. Perhaps either of those factors is the reason it worked.

thefirstofthe300

I switched to using the internal IP and it still crashes.  However, now it is only crashing when I am in portrait mode.  Landscape seems to work now for some reason.  I was sure I had tried that last night and it was crashing.  It must not like the extremely skinny screen size.  I even went back to my DynDNS to see if it was that and that didn't make a difference.

I am running the server several versions behind @@Redshirt simply because 3.0.5347 is the latest Linux server released. 

• Solution
thefirstofthe300

Updated to the latest Chrome for Android fixed this issue.

Also noticed this on my nexus 7. Chrome is all kinds of wacky on android 4.4.2 and beyond. It crashes by just locking up and you swipe it away and restart. Then you hope it will respawn your open tabs this time and not lock up. It also has this thing with 0 flash support too.

Firefox on the other hand can now cast to roku/Chromecast (finally) with latest android update and it's far more stable with multiple tabs.. Firefox also supports the slowly dying flash format for sites that haven't migrated to html5 yet. Complete win.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles