What's the best way to move recorded shows after recording?

MBSki

Emby is severely limited with only 3 folders to record to, but the Plex DVR has become a disaster and I may have no choice, but to switch all my recordings to Emby. The only issue is that I can't record directly to a library. What's the trick to get the recordings moved? 

gillmacca01

As far as I'm aware, the only way to do this, is manually.

I am hoping in the future, there will be an option to move recordings (preferable via the drop down menu), as I would like to be able to move recordings after I have watched them (and verified it has recorded ok) 

Just now, Q-Droid said:

You can add the recording path to an existing library. 

Do you mean here? That's only 2 options for tv shows and I have a lot more tv libraries than 2 that I need to move shows to. 

image.png.3cefa348149b165df158abfb23ec3651.png

I plan to revamp the dvr path settings altogether. Currently it has you enter the folder paths and it will auto-create libraries if they don't already exist.

I would like to change this to just have you select the library you want them to go in, that you've already created. And yes we currently only have the three paths, but we can break it out and expand it into more such as sports, news, kids, etc.

• Thanks 1

gillmacca01

@luke, I know you have your own roadmap and plans of what you want to do (and you have done a great job so far), but I am hoping that, when we finally get this, we will be able to move only what we want to move, and the rest stay in the recording folder (don't want to move something that I am going to watch once, and then delete)

Q-Droid
14 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Do you mean here? That's only 2 options for tv shows and I have a lot more tv libraries than 2 that I need to move shows to. 

Yes, it's limited. If you had one TV and one Movie library where you want the recordings to show you can add the path defined for Series to the/a TV library and the path defined for Movie to the/a Movie library in the library settings.

Edit:

To be clear, I don't mean to make an existing library the destination for recordings. I mean to add the recording destination path to an existing library. Doing it the other way around will make all of the library contents show up in the recording list which is not what most would want.

Edited by Q-Droid
  • Like 1

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Use Sonarr. Set up DL Clients>Blackhole, which is effectively a folder watch (similar to what Auto-Organize plugin does, except it works on multiple root folders, i.e. you can distribute to various Libraries). You can also opt to import (move) extra files - artwork, subs or whatever you set it up for. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Luke said:

I plan to revamp the dvr path settings altogether. Currently it has you enter the folder paths and it will auto-create libraries if they don't already exist.

I would like to change this to just have you select the library you want them to go in, that you've already created. And yes we currently only have the three paths, but we can break it out and expand it into more such as sports, news, kids, etc.

What would be really great is to be able to set the recording path per series as well that would override the default..  This way when you have multiple disc and are OCD about where your content is stored you can specify exactly where the series recording will be put vs just to a library that could save it to the wrong disc or one that is already full.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Luke said:

Awesome! Is your plan to add this capability to the existing 4.7 beta? 

• 8 months later...
dRuEFFECT
On 9/16/2021 at 12:03 PM, Luke said:

I'm back to using Emby from Plex as the dvr capabilities here are vastly more reliable, but the exact plans you mentioned are a welcomed improvement. I fall under your stated use case, I have a library for pro wrestling that's separate from my series library. I also record daily news which would be great to have in a dedicated library so I can separately manage what does or doesn't appear on the dashboard. Being able to set destination libraries under the recording options for each show/series would solve so many things.

Any chance this might be coming soon?

On 6/1/2022 at 4:39 PM, dRuEFFECT said:

I'm back to using Emby from Plex as the dvr capabilities here are vastly more reliable, but the exact plans you mentioned are a welcomed improvement. I fall under your stated use case, I have a library for pro wrestling that's separate from my series library. I also record daily news which would be great to have in a dedicated library so I can separately manage what does or doesn't appear on the dashboard. Being able to set destination libraries under the recording options for each show/series would solve so many things.

Any chance this might be coming soon?

Hi, yes it's on the to do list for upcoming updates. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...