Extreme video lag

Chris Green90

Chris Green90

Hi guys. First post but long time user. 

I have been using the "original" mediabrowser for some time now and have found it to be excellent as a plug in for WMC. Having just updated to MBC on both of my PC's and installing MBS on my living room PC I am experiencing some serious video lag, anywhere up to 30 seconds.

Neither of my systems are bang up to date but are both running Windows 7. They have both run the original MB plugin for WMC absolutely fine with zero stutter or lag or anything going out of sync. 

I first tried MBT and when the lagging issue happened I just assumed my system wasn't up to the job so figured that the plugin version (MBC) should resolve that.

The only reason I can figure for this happening is that there is now an extra process involved in the playback through WMC (it used to pull files direct from the NAS now it hias to go through the "server" on the Living Room PC.

Any advise and please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks all in advance 

Chris

MBC will still pull the videos directly if you configure your library properly.  Use UNC paths instead of local path references when defining your library on the server and then be sure that the other machines have access to those same UNC shares.

Or use the Path substitution feature to map the local references to their equivalent UNC shares.

Chris Green90

when configuring the server and selecting the file path I just used the drop down menu, selected network/nas/folder/folder/movies is that not the right way to go about it then?

Thanks

Chris Green90

Having ran a few more movies on this I seem to have found that it appears to be only certain files. So I guess it must be a codec issue??