Live TV Channels Settings - Sort and Auto Tag and hide

pir8radio

pir8radio

Emby is getting closer to having useable iptv channel setup...    can you please add the following features.

after channels are assigned, named etc..     allow us to sort the list by TVG-ID aka "Guide data channel" (and/or channel title), then once sorted by alphabetical order (or whatever order we choose)  also have a one button re-channel  based on order..      for example, i have sorted all of my channels by TVG-ID even though the channel title may start with US or CA (us Canada)  the channels are still in alphabetical order based on network or TVG-ID.    then all channels are numbered 1-XXX automatically (re-channel based on order button)        Its horrible to do this by hand...    so what I'm requesting is sort list, and one button re-channel based on order.     see how i have the channels below. these were all in a crazy order, but i sorted by network name or TVG-ID then i re-channeled them 1-XXX  so its neat and tidy in emby.

image.thumb.png.4f67de6c5569c611b7173a2e83a4ac16.png

Still typing lol,   

The second part, the ability to "HIDE" complete "tag" groups.  this may already be a feature, maybe i just don't know how to use it..   But i want to be able to hide all adult channels based on the default m3u group,    the group shows up (as shown in below screenshot) i just want to be able to hide full groups/tags from being displayed in emby at all.... This includes other countries channels etc.

image.png.bf23ae44df22dec709bd448276ae818b.png 

And lastly, the list of "XML Guide Data"  what order is this even in?   can you make it so this is searchable?     my XMLTV data is in no particular order, so it's REALLY hard to find a channel i have to scroll and read every line to find my matching channel..    So having a small search box to search for a string or something would help ALOT!!

image.png.1442d238b4d3b8fb8cd1957fadfb7d41.png

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

pir8radio

these three things will make emby comparable to what  https://epg.best is doing for me..  I can cut that bill and use emby only, finally..     please consider emby team..

pir8radio

give me a glimmer of hope @Luke    can we seriously make these relatively minor changes?   Well the xmltv search is minor, the hide group/tag should be minor, the sort and re-number channels might be a bit more work.

• 1 year later...

So you want to be able to use a button to quickly set the default channel order? Yes we can do that.

As far as the groups import control, is that still something you need? I think that could go on the m3u setup screen.