Was there an Announcement About Schedules Direct Blocking Emby?

DarWun

My annual subscription to Schedules Direct expires in early October. I logged in to renew my subscription only to see a notification that the use of Schedules Direct by Emby is being blocked as if June 1st. I don't recall seeing notification of this. Granted, I personally only use Schedules Direct for NextPVR at this time. So I haven't been (and shouldn't be) impacted by this in my day to day use of Emby for recording live TV. But I still would have expected to see a formal announcement of this for others that will be impacted.

Edited by DarWun

Hi, Yes emails were sent and it's been posted on Emby for about a year at this point.  A couple of very active threads on the forum here as well.

You may not have received any emails about this if you weren't pulling the data from Emby.

Edited by cayars
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does Schedules Direct not work then?  I see it as an option but when I enter my credentials, pick US and my zip code, then get:

There was an error downloading tv lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again.

1 minute ago, jriker1 said:

Does Schedules Direct not work then?  I see it as an option but when I enter my credentials, pick US and my zip code, then get:

There was an error downloading tv lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again.

Hi, it does not work, but Emby Guide is available for the US.

Should probably remove it but yes got that and good to go.  Only question but maybe should be a separate inquiry, two of the 6 channels I have setup don't show icons on the guide. @cayars

image.png.bcdc0560cee28f18b3806db890618784.png

They are listed in the guide as WBBMDT and WFLDDT.

Click where the logo is to bring up the channel page.  Now click the edit image graphic next to the call sign/station id at the top.

Do any of the graphics show up on this page?
If so the graphics are there but you likely just have a browser cache issue and just need to F5 or CTRL-F5 in the browser to clear the cache.

Let us know what you see.

Looks like unlike "working" call signs it's missing some of the logos.  Plus the Dark Version in the ones that work is actually in the Logo (Light Version) box.

image.thumb.png.3889cea065482b116e49b5d4de798577.png

So a working one:

image.png.2679e9f7e780005e8cbd1efefb29d40f.png

Yes, CBS should look like this:
image.png.be7849f86607a8ef60cb8c14eb6045c1.png

Try going to the Live TV/DVR setup area in admin and click the Channels menu.

Click the green button next to your CBS station which should deactivate that channel which will cause a guide reload.
Let it finish for this test, then go back and enable CBS again.

What do you get now for images on this channel?

Unchecked the two in question:

image.png.6f723e4acc06a2a6dd783561b20e9739.png

Waited a bit.  Just a spinner in the middle for a second or two.  Didn't notice anything, maybe the spinner for a split second.

image.png.4fac8eec898a7323f912d8dd28e90f9b.png

Refreshed:

image.png.613a4c4aba8206382d314eb6108dd698.png

Checked them again

image.png.2e47a873c9682b06e9626d917041ed47.png

There is something there, like if I hover over them I get

image.png.7951aad9d92cfd86ea44b23f4d8c5cc7.png

image.png.f5cc6d16b65b4b2e139b61b59d248f97.png

image.png.900b414badb60f25445ad5094a61d970.png

Did you go back to dashboard to monitor when the guide refresh was done before turning them back on?

This is just a 2 step test to make sure we force it.

2 hours ago, cayars said:

Did you go back to dashboard to monitor when the guide refresh was done before turning them back on?

This is just a 2 step test to make sure we force it.

Think I missed that step but not sure where in the Dashboard it actually shows that.  So I disabled the two, went to Setup and clicked Refresh Guide Data.  When done enabled them again and refreshed the screen.  No change.  Refreshed Guide Data again and still no change.  Missing part of this process?

1 hour ago, cayars said:

Which guide provider are you using that isn't loading the graphics?

Emby

image.png.4a649fbae22af3c01fcc83ecb4ffedcf.png

Edited by jriker1

Which station/channel do you see the problem with?

I'll try and recreate this on my side.

DarWun
On 9/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, Luke said:

Hi, it does not work, but Emby Guide is available for the US.

@LukeA few beta releases ago, a SchedulesDirect plugin showed up as being installed. If use of SchedulesDirect by Emby is being blocked, what is the plug-in for?