MB3s split on genre was causing 'phantom' music genre

ginjaninja
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ginjaninja

or perhaps more accurately content with 1 genre to show up in another genre..re below:

i had  a phantom music genre 'Dance, Dance-Pop, Indie Electronic' in mb3 dashboard.

Despite none of my content having this genre any content with genre 'dance' also shows up under 'Dance, Dance-Pop, Indie Electronic'

it turned out that actually i did have this genre; namely one of my albums had genre 'Electronic, Alternative Dance, EDM, Club/Dance, Dance-Pop, Indie Electronic' (when viewed under mp3tag) and this is causing an issue; albeit minor/obscure/irrelevant not least because no album should have such a genre. Still I thought it worth reporting as it was able to trip mb3 up.

With such a genre, MB3 puts all content with genre 'dance' into both genre 'dance' and genre 'Dance-Pop, Indie Electronic' in dashboard, Also all content with genre 'electronic' shows up under 'electronic, Alternative Dance, EDM, Club'.

So without exhaustive analysis it would seem that the genre 'Electronic, Alternative Dance, EDM, Club/Dance, Dance-Pop, Indie Electronic' confuses MB3.

If i changed genre of offending album to just 'Electronic/Dance' then everything went back to normal; dance and electronic content only appeared under dance and electronic genres.

Presumably it had something to do with ',' or both ',' and '/' in that offending album's genre.?

ginjaninja

@Luke, just checking that you picked up on feedback that (being aware MB3 splits genres on , and /,) in circumstance above, content with one genre was showing up 'erroneously' under another genre.

@EBR thanks for the pointer to that plugin i wasnt aware of that feature, 

• Solution

What we have is pretty good. This is a rare case and we need to spend our energy elsewhere.