Subtitles not showing on Xbox Series S

Ottah
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hey,

I'm sharing my media with a friend that is remotely watching from his Xbox Series S.

Everything used to work fine but since last week subtitles aren't working for him anymore.

Doesn't matter which movie and doesn't matter which format (tried srt, subrib, vobsubs).

Everything works fine on my end, subs are working for me on Windows, Android and LG Smart TV and it works for him when he uses his iPhone. He is just having that problem on his Xbox.

I tried everything but couldn't find a solution, I'm surprised because it used to work for him and suddenly stopped working. Maybe an update?

The problem apparently occurs with transcoding and direct play. Most movies he watches have to transcode, though.

I attached a log of the most recent playback (transcoding).

Thanks for the help.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-39e866f8-f300-4ad8-b3f5-725db0ab656b_1.txt

Hi there, are you certain that he's actually enabled the subtitles in the video player? If it's happening with that many formats, then that sounds like the most likely explanation. From just doing some quick testing I'm not seeing any problems with subtitles on Xbox.

Yeah, he's farily certain especially since it used to work before and it works fine on his phone.

I don't understand how it isn't working either, especially srt subs shouldn't be a problem.

Any idea from the logs?

Nothing obvious, no. The next app update will have some subtitle related changes so please try that and let us know if it helps. Thanks.