Delete server / accounts

Calo Home

Calo Home

Hello,

Can I please receive assistance in deleting servers I have created along with accounts. I've spent hours today trying to get Emby up and running and it just hasn't worked out. 

I've installed a server on my MAC which I need deleted. Although this works, this was done by mistake as I instead need to install the server on my Synology NAS. 

After downloading the software for the NAS, I'm unable to select my movie / music folders, even after searching through ways of providing permission to users. 

It would be beneficial if there were step by step instructions on how to do this from the beginning. If there are, I'd prefer to have everything erased and start from scratch. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Aldo

FrostByte

You probably can't select your media shares because you haven't given Emby permission yet.  When settings permissions to your shares make sure you use the dropdown box and change to "system internal user" and then select read/write.

FrostByte

I'm not aware of any fresh install procedures (there may be some though), but you can kind of follow the DSM6 to DSM7 steps in the link below.  Just skip all the putty stuff as you're not moving files from an old install.  I'm guessing you probably did everything yourself except those permissions settings I mentioned above.

DSM 6 to DSM 7 Emby Migration Instructions - Synology - Emby Community