TheTVDB metadata not syncing with correct language (PT-BR)

luanuchoa

luanuchoa

Hello all. I am having a problem with Emby not fetching metadata for TheTVDB for the proper language.
The situation is as follows:

I am ripping the Bewitched series and noticed missing content (episode title and overview) in TVDB and, since I have the boxes, decided to add it by myself.
The problem is that, when I trigger a metadata update, Emby server seems to not fetch the updates.

After some investigation it seems to me the server is trying to retrieve data for Portuguese language, but my intention is to retrieve data for Portuguese (Brazil). I think it should try to retrieve "pt-br.zip" instead of "pt.zip".

2021-09-07 00:36:54.067 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/71528/all/pt.zip

Emby server version is 4.6.4.0.

Library default language is Portuguese (Brazil). I also tried to override the global value in series config but the problem persists.

Suggested reproduction route:

1. Create a series folder with name "Bewitched (1964)", and within, a folder named "Season 1"
  2. Override language preferences by setting "Portuguese (Brazil)" in the Edit Metadata screen for the series
  3. Place a dummy video file with the name S01E08.ext in "Season 1" folder
  4. Check the retrieved episode info — if it is getting the PT-BR data it should retrieve episode title and overview, otherwise it will get only the episode title

Thanks in advance.

Edited by luanuchoa

Happy2Play

I would guess something in the v3 api as pulling a pt-br.zip that zip would appear to be in English.

image.thumb.png.0e06ea010d6366361f2c1148c42940a9.png

15 minutes ago, luanuchoa said:

Check the retrieved episode info — if it is getting the PT-BR data it should retrieve episode title and overview, otherwise it will get only the episode title

But you can see the overview is missing in the pt returned data also.

Edited by Happy2Play

luanuchoa
9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I would guess something in the v3 api as pulling a pt-br.zip that zip would appear to be in English.

I don't exactly understand how the TVDB api behaves, my suggestion of "pt-br.zip" was actually a guess. Since fetching pt-br.zip returned English I'd say the API defaults to English if it is not found.

9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But you can see the overview is missing in the pt returned data also.

This is kind of the point I'm trying to show — please check the TVDB page for the mentioned episode.

I'm including the missing content as "Portuguese (Brazil)".
The pt returned data only shows the title because the overview was not included for pt (which TVDB references as "Português - Portugal").
Per my current understanding the problem would be solved if I just edited the Portuguese entries (without Brazil) but I would like to use pt-br instead.

Happy2Play

With TVDB closing down all legacy api access 1 October and going fully user subscription based for v4 api access thing will change.

So Emby has to build a new TVDB plugin to accommodate users to enter their subscription pin if they wish to get metadata from TVDB.

But I can look some more.

luanuchoa

Oh yes, the TVDB changes. Nice of you to mention it.

Based on this I tested with TheMovieDB and it seems to work better (and as I expect).
I am going to just use TheMovieDB as priority from now on.
This thread can be closed. Thanks for your help.