Nextpvr plugin and TV Sources configuration

A32

Hi,

Apologies if this was covered somewhere. I waded through many threads but I can’t find a definitive answer.

I want to use nextpvr as the channels source to Emby (including fetching the EPG from nextpvr).

Using Emby 4.6.4.0
Nextpvr Version: 5.1.4.210802 is in a Docker container on a Synology DiskStation.

Nextpvr is working fine and can be accessed with ip-address:8866
Program guides are loading fine in Nextvpr and I can watch channels on nextpvr

If I want to use nextvpr in Emby to watch channels (as a source), do I need to:
Install the plugin?
Or
Add it in live tv setup as a nextpvr TV source OR as M3U TV source?
Or both of the above (install the plugin AND add a TV source)?

I can't understand what's the function of the plugin (is it to watch nextpvr recordings that were created by nextpvr only) or is it necessary for Emby to connect, see the channels and retrieve the EPG from nextpvr?

Thank you for any clarifications in advance.

Hi, if you want to use the Guide from NextPVR then you will need to use the NextPVR plugin in Emby.

You won't be configuring anything in the Live TV/DVR menu as the plugin will be doing this for you.

Thanks again. That worked very well (on a Synology running DSM 6) once I found the updated plug in.

I’m trying to do the same on a Synology DS running DSM 7. Where should I copy the nextpvr plugin?

Emby’s directory structure is (understandably) different in DSM 7. I can’t find a plugins directory like in DSM 6.

Found it under /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/plugins

However, after copying the new plugin to it (like I did on DSM 6 where it worked), it does not appear in the installed plugins.

Running vDSM 7.0.1 and Emby beta 4.7.0.9. Compatibility issue maybe?

Thanks

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, A32 said:

/system/plugins

Sorry that is the plugins that come with the server install and get copied to the programdata path.  Look at the Dashboard Path section or server log to see your Data path.

Happy2Play

If I found the correct log is should be something like this.

Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var

Good call @happy2play :)

I checked the log and there was a "permission denied". Checked the files and they were with root. Didn't notice when I copied them. Changed it to Emby with the right privileges, restarted Emby and the plug in popped up :)
Emby is working with nextpvr on vDSM 7 too now.

I'll take note of the plugin directory location. Without your quick help, it would've taken much longer to find. Thanks again :)

• Like 1