Conversion Always Fails

shdwkeeper

shdwkeeper

I'm on the latest beta 4.7.0.9 (Qnap) and my conversions are failing as well.  Any update on the fix yet?

Edited by shdwkeeper

14 minutes ago, shdwkeeper said:

I'm on the latest beta 4.7.0.9 (Qnap) and my conversions are failing as well.  Any update on the fix yet?

Hi there @shdwkeeper let's look at an example:

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, shdwkeeper said:

What do you want to see? Logs?

Yes, and the information that is requested in my link above. Thanks.

shdwkeeper
46 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes, and the information that is requested in my link above. Thanks.

Here are the logs from the server.  All of these files play perfectly fine inside and outside of Emby.

ffmpeg-transcode-15aaa5ec-7647-49b6-a131-c9380c4ecdb9_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-b94f7baf-2862-4072-9090-0308ccc1e5f4_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-1f99c1c1-2da4-4cd4-a060-10babcff0880_1.txt

shdwkeeper

Ok, it seems like the issue is with the Quicksync Encoder.  I've attached some FAILED and SUCCESS files below.  The conversions fail when I have the Quicksync encoder selected instead of VAAPI.  The Quicksync decoder seems fine as long as the encoder is set to VAAPI.  I'll try some more tests.

ffmpeg-transcode-9a1e8e53-1898-409c-b5af-67c316d343c2_1-FAILED_h264.txt ffmpeg-transcode-7a6a5c40-15da-48fc-a524-6aece206f9c8_1-SUCCESS_h264.txt ffmpeg-transcode-1f99c1c1-2da4-4cd4-a060-10babcff0880_1-FAILED_h264.txt ffmpeg-transcode-3459dd81-a0a9-4cff-9b7f-beafb379d11f_1-SUCCESS.txt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shdwkeeper said:

Ok, it seems like the issue is with the Quicksync Encoder.  I've attached some FAILED and SUCCESS files below.  The conversions fail when I have the Quicksync encoder selected instead of VAAPI.  The Quicksync decoder seems fine as long as the encoder is set to VAAPI.  I'll try some more tests.

ffmpeg-transcode-9a1e8e53-1898-409c-b5af-67c316d343c2_1-FAILED_h264.txt 170.38 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-7a6a5c40-15da-48fc-a524-6aece206f9c8_1-SUCCESS_h264.txt 300.99 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-1f99c1c1-2da4-4cd4-a060-10babcff0880_1-FAILED_h264.txt 198.49 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-3459dd81-a0a9-4cff-9b7f-beafb379d11f_1-SUCCESS.txt 162.27 kB · 0 downloads

This section of the community is about the android server. Is that what you're running?

shdwkeeper
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

This section of the community is about the android server. Is that what you're running?

QNAP server - SHOOT sorry about that.  Well, its good info anyway :)

Edited by shdwkeeper

shdwkeeper

@LukeMaybe change this topic to QNAP Server and just put my posts about my error in this NEW topic.  Than move the rest of the topic back to Android Server since that is what most of this topic was about?

@Happy2Play can you split this topic starting with shdwkeeper's first posting above and move his part of the conversation into a new topic in the QNAP section? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

@shdwkeeper - Please excuse the late reply and thanks for posting the log files.

TBH, I've never seen an error like this. Let's look at the facts first:

• QuickSync is working basically
  • Transcoding videos runs fine until the end
  • Only at the end, when a qsv codec is about to be deallocated there's a crash occurring
  • There haven't been any similar reports from other users, not on Qnap nor on regular Linux systems

It's not easy to identify the cause of this as there are no "usual suspects" for this kind of error.
This could be caused by any of these:

• Intel Media Driver (VAAPI)
  • libva
  • Intel Media SDK Runtime (libmfx)
  • gmmlib (Intel Memory Mgmt)
  • Kernel driver for Intel Graphics
  • System libs
  • System confguration
  • Hardware/Bios

What's unlikely though, is a problem in "Emby Server" and "Emby-ffmpeg"

Edited by softworkz

Now we have the following options:

1. Disable the QSV encoders
    • use the VAAPI encoders instead
    • and wait for future updates that will probably (hopefully) fix this
  2. Try to pinpoint the problem
    • I can guide you through it
    • but it could be a long way
    • at the end, we might know the cause, but might still need to wait until it's fixed by Intel