Fast forward, seek bar not working on web player

devil202
Go to solution Solved by tomnjerry74,

pir8radio

another thing to check with caching back on standard.. is make sure you DO NOT have any kind of rule that says CACHE EVERYTHING.      your video files (.ts) should be showing up as dynamic.  meaning not cached.   if you enable cache everything anywhere but for the images, this is your problem.  

image.png.3b6574a63618b2109bba38325c1f02f1.png

pir8radio
14 minutes ago, vaise said:

Hi @pir8radio

Can you post your page rules to compare to mine.  Thanks.

image.png.2f9c1bab7d1ffbd172a37ee36132fd9e.png

The #1 not shown is just a redirect i use for uptime robot to route directly to their status page, not needed here..  but #2 and #3 shown here are what i use..  #2 caches images..  it must be cache everything (but only that pattern emby/items/*/Images/*) the reason for cache everything that matches that pattern is that emby image files do not have an extension...   for example here is a link to an emby image:  /emby/Items/13486951/Images/Primary?maxHeight=300&maxWidth=200&tag=15faecxxxxxxxxxx1208029ef21855&quality=90     notice primary has no extension?      so cloudflare doesn't know primary is an image... so you have to tell it to cache everything.

my #3 rule is optional,  usually cloudflare will wipe its edge server cache after like 30 mins...  but i want all of my images cached on those servers when a user comes back the next day or a month later.      

If you guys continue to have issues, we can look into a rule that does cache level: bypass    and have the rule match any  /*.ts*   file, meaning do not cache video files, or even M3U files, but cloudflare should be identifying these as DYNAMIC files unless you have "CACHE EVERYTHING" enabled somewhere.      

1 minute ago, pir8radio said:

image.png.2f9c1bab7d1ffbd172a37ee36132fd9e.png

The #1 not shown is just a redirect i use for uptime robot to route directly to their status page, not needed here..  but #2 and #3 shown here are what i use..  #2 caches images..  it must be cache everything (but only that pattern emby/items/*/Images/*) the reason for cache everything that matches that pattern is that emby image files do not have an extension...   for example here is a link to an emby image:  /emby/Items/13486951/Images/Primary?maxHeight=300&maxWidth=200&tag=15faecxxxxxxxxxx1208029ef21855&quality=90     notice primary has no extension?      so cloudflare doesn't know primary is an image... so you have to tell it to cache everything.

my #3 rule is optional,  usually cloudflare will wipe its edge server cache after like 30 mins...  but i want all of my images cached on those servers when a user comes back the next day or a month later.      

If you guys continue to have issues, we can look into a rule that does cache level: bypass    and have the rule match any  /*.ts*   file, meaning do not cache video files, or even M3U files, but cloudflare should be identifying these as DYNAMIC files unless you have "CACHE EVERYTHING" enabled somewhere.      

That is EXACTLY what I have (diff domain names of course)........  so we are no closer to the cause.......

I just tested again - flipped to standard on the caching, get the media slow start.

flipped off again and cleared cache - all fast again.

pir8radio
21 minutes ago, vaise said:

I just tested again - flipped to standard on the caching, get the media slow start.

flipped off again and cleared cache - all fast again.

in developer mode on the browser what do you see for your video files and stuff?     you add the cf-cache-status  column so you can see whats going on.. or if you want to enable it then pm me your server info i can try from here see if i get a different response?

pir8radio
1 hour ago, tomnjerry74 said:

Thanks for the info. For now I don't really see much of a choice unless we sacrifice the main functions of the server. Loading speed is moot when you can't even play content 😭.

i have not been able to reproduce..   if anyone wants to create a temporary account for me i would like to login and see if i can spot anything.. possibly modify Cloudflare and/or nginx settings if i find anything. 

Maybe should continue this on the other thread as that is specific to my direct play issue (and @seanbuff), but these other peeps on this thread only talk about FF/skip type issues - even though they both started at the same tie and have the seem fix it seems (so may be linked to a cache issue).  I also had sme users say some medai was going back to the beggining so i may have had the same as them.

Edited by vaise

1 hour ago, pir8radio said:

another thing to check with caching back on standard.. is make sure you DO NOT have any kind of rule that says CACHE EVERYTHING.      your video files (.ts) should be showing up as dynamic.  meaning not cached.   if you enable cache everything anywhere but for the images, this is your problem.  

image.png.3b6574a63618b2109bba38325c1f02f1.png

Try something that direct plays. I think that's when this issue is most experienced.

• Like 1