Emby not showing ANY content !

Dan@Emby

Dan@Emby

Hi,

I used to run an Emby Server, worked brilliantly until a power outage threw my nas off the network.

I decided to setup everything anew, updated my NAS firmware to DSM 7.0-41882 and Emby to version 4.7.0.9. (previous version did not work either).

I added my library as I had before, three librarys with different content

Movies

Series 

and Anime

All stored in "/volume1/homes/embysvr/Movies", "/volume1/homes/embysvr/Series", "/volume1/homes/embysvr/Anime"

I grabbed the folder paths directly from my DiskStations File Manager, as I did in the past, so they should be correct.

However, Emby is not displaying ANY of my Media.

I should note that I have all my media stored neatly into individual subfolders, as this is a lot neater in organization and hasn't been a problem in the past. 

e. g. /volume1/homes/embysvr/Movies/Matrix/Matrix 1/Matrix 1.mkv

I also tried moving the files into their respective category folders without any change in behavior from Emby. 

Am I missing something? Why does Emby only give me "No items found" when I look into a library?

I have installed some plugins for displaying online content from online Media Libraries (German ARD and ZDF, broadcasting stations), which are working flawlessly.

I do have Emby Premiere.

Please help.

Happy2Play

Can you post a server log, but almost sounds like you missed a step.

- From Control Panel go to Shared Folder and edit each share that is used by Emby Server.  Click the share, then EDIT, go to permission tab, select System internal user from drop down,
grant emby user read/write access.

• Like 1

Dan@Emby

That seems to have solved my issue, thank you so much!

I tried to get this to work for hours and couldn't figure it out. 😅

I attached the log, just in case anyone has the same issue and wants to look into this.

embyserver.txt

Thanks again for the help.

Edited by Dan@Emby
  • Like 1