Trying to install Emby on DSM 7

ron.bali

ron.bali

I downloaded emby-server-synology_4.7.0.9_x86_64.spk to my PC, then used Package Center on my DS920+ and clicked Manual Install and entered this file.  It took many minutes and then responded with
This package requires DSM 7.0 -40000(update 0) or older.

Have I done something wrong? Or should I wait for another release?

Thanks.

FrostByte
8 minutes ago, ron.bali said:

I downloaded emby-server-synology_4.7.0.9_x86_64.spk to my PC, then used Package Center on my DS920+ and clicked Manual Install and entered this file.  It took many minutes and then responded with
This package requires DSM 7.0 -40000(update 0) or older.

Have I done something wrong? Or should I wait for another release?

Thanks.

You will need to redownload the install using the DSM7 link.  You should see "synology7" in the filename.  

Download Emby - Emby

Edited by FrostByte

ron.bali

OK, it installs and runs, but I am having trouble starting a library.  File Station shows my NAS name (RonbMedia)which is on 192.168.0.137, and within this, several folders including MyMedia, and within this several folders including Movies-recent.   So I try path names like

\\192.168.0.137\MyMedia\Movies-recent
and variations on that but get the message "The path could not be found"

Any hints? Should the volume name (volume1) be in the path? Is it correct to use backslashes?

12 hours ago, ron.bali said:

OK, it installs and runs, but I am having trouble starting a library.  File Station shows my NAS name (RonbMedia)which is on 192.168.0.137, and within this, several folders including MyMedia, and within this several folders including Movies-recent.   So I try path names like

\\192.168.0.137\MyMedia\Movies-recent
and variations on that but get the message "The path could not be found"

Any hints? Should the volume name (volume1) be in the path? Is it correct to use backslashes?

In addition to the two posts above this is the way I setup my libs. Here's an example for the two paths used on my TV Show library:
image.png.225a93d094f0b06ee50e4ad7cb56bc59.png

Hope this help.

ron.bali

OK, I am a bit slow to reply, but...

In response to  Kaj: I initially ignored this video because it addresses upgrading from DSM 6 which is not my case.  I have since watched it but am still unclear which bits are to do with upgrading from DSM 6 and which bits I should be following for a fresh install on DSM 7.

In response to  FrostByte : you have highlighted the selection of System Internal User, I had missed this, but have now set it, but still no success

In response to cayars: I am inputting my path the way you show but keep getting path not found.  If I just enter the \\servername without folders it is accepted but tells me my movie naming needs fixing which is true as there are no movie folders at that top level.  But as soon as I add a folder name it does not work.

I will keep reviewing it all and re-trying.  Thanks for your help so far.

For a new install you should only need to Install Emby Server and then set permissions for any volume share that Emby needs access to using the system internal emby user.

In stead of doing a copy/paste, you can navigate the volume tree to select the media folder.  If you are able to select the share/folder that would normally indicate the permissions are correct but if you can't navigate to the share/folder that could mean you have a permission problem.

If you like I could do a remote support session with you and help you get this resolved rather quickly.
Send me a PM if you want to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the days have ticked by because I was changing to a different ISP. But now it is solved.

I was entering my folder as \\RonbMedia\MyMedia\Movies-recent

but what I needed to enter was /volume1/MyMedia/Movies-recent

I feel a bit foolish for being slow to differentiate between Network Folders and Local Folders, but once I got it right, Emby has been running like a charm, and it is so much better that Video Station for large libraries.

Thanks for all your help along the way. 🙂

• Like 2