Android Kodi add on not finding main server

Chris0109

Chris0109

Hi I have successfully added Kodi add on to my windows pc, however, when doing this via my android Samsung A7 tablet it does not seem to find the main server, I can login them when I add in manual home server IP it just comes up with failed to connect, but server is up and running on windows pc and everything like adding in manual server worked fine just the tablet not allowing me to manually add server. Please can you advice me what I may be doing wrong. Many thanks Chris 

Hi Chris,

Just to help diagnose this open a normal browser window on the tablet and enter your Emby URL as shown in the server dashboard.

Can you connect and login this way?

I don't use Kodi so forgive me if this is a stupid question but are you using Emby Connect or IP:port and local user account to login in Kodi?

Chris0109

I thought I was using emby connect but may not have that will look into it once charged up. Thank you for your advice, appreciate it.

Will keep you posted.

If it is using Emby Connect you can edit the user on the Emby Server to remove EC username, save, then add it back and save.
That will reset the EC username.

• Like 1